Forestry Commision - Anyone Had Permission?

Obi Wan

I know there have been previous threads on this but I still have one or two questions.

Do they currently have a policy on caching?

I have e-mailed the manger at a local forest for permission to place a cache. I have given him a copy of the GAGB guidelines in attempt to reassure him it would be done responsibly.

Does anyone have experience with the FC at other locations in the country that may bolster my request. i.e. I could put to him that the 'FC at XYC had given permission with certain provisions etc.'

I have also posted this topic on the GAGB forum to spread my wings further...

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Obi. :lol:

Edited by Obi Wan

I know GAGB and others have made various approaches to different landowners and I'm sure if/when any agreements are reached they will be publicised here.

In the mean time your contacting the local manager is exactly the right way to proceed. I would commend anybody who has concerns to do what Obi Wan has done. I would also ask you to mention such permissions (assuming you get permission!) on the cache page when submitting it.

Nice one Obi Wan :lol:

Lactodorum

I know GAGB and others have made various approaches to different landowners and I'm sure if/when any agreements are reached they will be publicised here.

In the mean time your contacting the local manager is exactly the right way to proceed. I would commend anybody who has concerns to do what Obi Wan has done. I would also ask you to mention such permissions (assuming you get permission!) on the cache page when submitting it.

Nice one Obi Wan :)

Lactodorum

Indeed, the FC is on our list to persue for permission to place caches.

We're currently waiting for the New Forest permission to be done & dusted (which was done via the FC), and then we'll be in touch with the FC to try & negotiate a national permission for other FC lands.

Paul Blitz

GAGB Committee