What To Do With The Stuff??

What do you do with the stuff you get from a cache? Hoard it? Re-cache it? Sell at the flea market? Give to your kids for Christmas / Birthday presents? Valentines Day is coming up soon!?!?!?!

I've started a shrine. Large clear plastic container on top of a lighted stand. Pic to follow soon. Others doing the same or similar?

So far I've only gone for caches with stuff - how could I incorporate virtuals, etc... into a shrine? Mini pictures?

77313_400.jpg

77313_500.jpg

Here's the newest. :lol:

Edited by Octoboy and CruiseChick

Re-Cache. If I'm organized and on the ball, I usually bag it & put a note in about where I found it.

Usually though I just yank it out of the back pack, run it through an intense, detailed, thourough inspection process... (1. Will this fit? 2. Is it dry? 3. well, is it at least not too smelly? 4. If I break off this piece will it fit? 5. Is it mine?)

...And put it in the cache.

:lol:

I have kept 90% of the stuff I find. I figure each item has some sort of story that goes with it. I want to eventually build a shelf to display itall on. I even go as far as making a Excel spreadsheet that lists the date, time, what I took, what I left, and weather conditions. Yes I know its pretty sad :lol:

Read here for this topic from before

Edited by The Weasel

I always go for buttons,patches and pins.When I am luckey enough to find one of these items,I take it home,look at it for sometime,asking myself if it was worth crossing two creeks and hiking two miles in the Southwestern Ohio wilderness in the freezing cold,dead of winter.Of course,I always answer yes.Then it is given a place all of it's own,on a prayer rug hung on the wall next to my computer.Out of 48 finds I have a combination of over twenty of the above mentioned items displaied and they look so cool hanging there.I am very proud of this collection.This may sound corny,but it makes me happy to know that there are more buttons,patches,and pins to come.I seek the log but the things I tresure and am lucky enough find are an added bonus to the enjoyment I have as a Geocacher.Man,I love playing this game.I'm gonna Cache forever.

What do you do with the stuff you get from a cache? Hoard it? Re-cache it? Sell at the flea market? Give to your kids for Christmas / Birthday presents? Valentines Day is coming up soon!?!?!?!

I've started a shrine. Large clear plastic container on top of a lighted stand. Pic to follow soon. Others doing the same or similar?

So far I've only gone for caches with stuff - how could I incorporate virtuals, etc... into a shrine? Mini pictures?

:( My mother spent a year collecting stuff for the grandkids christmas stocking from the caches she visited :lol:

I get keychains and stuff that links together. I also have found a potholder which I use to hold pins that I take when there are no keychains. Even though I've only found about 20 caches (not counting virtual/locationless because you dont trade stuff there) my keychain collection is already impressive-looking. Much more impressive than my 'User Stats' page! :lol:

I keep everything that I get. Right now my collection is in a glass front shadowbox, a curio cabinet, and two large (2 gallon) clear plastic jars. Sometime within the next couple months I'm going to build a curio cabinet just for the geocaching trinkets.

Whenever someone visits me, I show them my collection. For some reason, I don't get as many visitors as I used to. :lol:

RichardMoore

Keep it! I started collecting keychains and would put them on my backpack Until one day after a long hike I decided it was way to heavy. So now I have a rubbermaid container full of cache items to show off to muggeles. :lol: Some just don't understand why I hike in minus wind chills and through the woods to gather these things. Oh well somepoeple are just not ment to be cachers, and all the other want to go with us. I also like patches and pins. My better half collect what he calls pirate booty anything like treasure, rocks,coins,jewelry and anything shining. We like the sig items too!

depends. if it's useful I use it (emergency poncho from last cache visited). If it appeals to a female I leverage it. if it's just interesting I trade and re-cache, just to have had it for awhile. If it's cash I take it and spend it. If it's junk I trash it out. Yes, I always trade up.

I do have the first two items I ever got. 1. an air freshener from Bad Boys Bail Bonds of San Jose, "Because your momma wants you home." (yes, they had a float in a recent parade, and the owner was 'momma' in a rocker up on the float. 2. a small jade budda.

My favorite trade item out is an arrowhead (replica), which I buy from a local park store for 50c each. The tiny zip-loc they come in also contains a small blurb from the park. These are popular, because whenever I revisit logs of caches I have left them in they are always listed as taken within one or two visits.

We keep something from evey traditional cache we find. We keep having to find a bigger box to keep it all in! When we get around to it, we'll get a treasure chest for this stuff. The items are fun to look at every once in a while and we can think of the adventures we had. Some of the things we do use geocaching, like the first aid kit and compass.

Mark & Terre

Edited by Team Ferret