Wheretogo?vertigo!

JMBella

Should I come along, dial 911 on my cell and just stand there with my finger hovering over the "SEND" button? :o

I wouldn't trust you for fear you're holding grudge for standing you guys up the other night. ;):D Seriously I'll need all the help/moral support I can get.

Sparky if you come all the way from Kansas with an Ambulance I'll buy you lunch. That is of coarse if I don't die first.

Should I come along, dial 911 on my cell and just stand there with my finger hovering over the "SEND" button?    :o

I'll do ya one better! I still got a spare set of keys to the city ambulance......I'll meet ya there! ;)

I guess Kansas is in the North East or are you just trying to be part of the gang?

I think Joe's really looking for people to participate.

Should I come along, dial 911 on my cell and just stand there with my finger hovering over the "SEND" button?    :lol:

I'll do ya one better! I still got a spare set of keys to the city ambulance......I'll meet ya there! :(

I guess Kansas is in the North East or are you just trying to be part of the gang?

I'm coming with a couple of guys from LI, 2SnowDogs & Squealy I think if he can get out of that thing he's gotta do. But yes I'd love to get a couple of other people there. We'll be doing a few other caches before. If all goes well Wheretogo will be #300 for me. Hart you're definitely the guy to ask. I should go with some climbing/safety gear right? If I don't fall the first round is on me for whoever shows up.

Edited by JMBella
Should I come along, dial 911 on my cell and just stand there with my finger hovering over the "SEND" button?    :(

I'll do ya one better! I still got a spare set of keys to the city ambulance......I'll meet ya there! :lol:

:D

Love to go with you BUT just spent the last two days with the dentist. Going again on Thursday. He can't figure out what makes my tooth ache. Probably not a good idea to do this one with all the Vicodin in me.

BUT if I am better... when do you plan to leave and return (that is if there is someone alive to return)?

Love to go with you BUT just spent the last two days with the dentist. Going again on Thursday. He can't figure out what makes my tooth ache. Probably not a good idea to do this one with all the Vicodin in me.

BUT if I am better... when do you plan to leave and return (that is if there is someone alive to return)?

Stop gnawing on ammo cans ya dum dum.

We'll be heading out Sat. Morning. Probably be in NJ by 10:30ish, grab a few caches (what ever I need to get to 299), then get to Wheretogo by maybe 1:00. Thats a very general idea but it should work out to something close to that. If I can grab a couple of more caches before Sat. It will be a little earler. I'm at 294 now.

I'd bring safety gear (but then again, I'm a 'fraidy cat). First time I was there (with the group), I signed the log but didn't grab the cache.

Didn't feel right so I came back early the next morning (with some gear) and snagged the prize.

It's a fun cache. (Warning: shameless plug to follow) If anyone's up around Chatham, stop by and try "Unfinished Business". It's been far too long without a find (and I can guarantee the cache is there - I stopped by for a check last weekend). It's a good walk - but hopefully a fun one.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Veritigo trip! :lol:

Looks like I am definitely in. We will set up the plans over the next day or two. No work tomorrow - YEAH BABY!!!!!!

I should be able to hold you by your ankles and dangle you over the side fairly easily.

Why do I have the feeling that this is going to end up as a Sunday Night Special on ABC? :lol:

However, if necessary, I could be like a ninja to snag it - but I wouldn't want to ruin your 300th. :(

Tooth problems, eh Zman? Now I know why someone else got to Cunningham #3 first. First the teeth then the hips...take care of yourself.

However, if necessary, I could be like a ninja to snag it - but I wouldn't want to ruin your 300th.

No way man. Me first.

I'd bring safety gear (but then again, I'm a 'fraidy cat). First time I was there (with the group), I signed the log but didn't grab the cache
as someone mentioned above that will be really dicey if the snow and ice sticks as they're forcasting.

I think I'm going to opt for the gear because of the conditions. Does that make me a wuss? I don't care.

Afterward, drinks for all! Any suggestions on "Wheretogo" to drink my face off?

JMBella wrote:

"Afterward, drinks for all! Any suggestions on "Wheretogo" to drink my face off?"

The South Side Bar & Grill is not to far away...

Joe actually has the ENTIRE weekend off. Although he has placed a temporary moratorium on caching until it's at least 45 degrees out, I'll try to convince him to go.

What time should we head over there?

~JandM

Ohh well, I will have to take a pass then, I'll be tied up with mascott stuff until at least 5pm

Woh. I don't even think I can adequately describe the image in my head right now. It's all... fuzzy animals and....eeek... handcuffs. Not good. Not at all good.

Ummm I am glad I am not in that head........

This is for SUNY at Stony Brook a basketball game.

What is it someone said, had to think like JM&B to find some of his caches?

Edited by JBadger

We'll be scrapping wallpaper off the kitchen walls today (exciting, I know) but we'll try to take a break. I have connections. We can have the local swiftwater rescue team on standby. :rolleyes:

Maybe we'll see you there.

I wonder if the good King will show up.

Edited by JandM
Ohh well, I will have to take a pass then, I'll be tied up with mascott stuff until at least 5pm

Woh. I don't even think I can adequately describe the image in my head right now. It's all... fuzzy animals and....eeek... handcuffs. Not good. Not at all good.

Ummm I am glad I am not in that head........

This is for SUNY at Stony Brook a basketball game.

What is it someone said, had to think like JM&B to find some of his caches?

Hmm... groundhog costume... duct tape...

Ahah, there's the magnetic micro! :mad:

Edited by stayfloopy

Success!

a41b5e47-a437-496a-8c27-6de641151e31.jpg

What can I say. This was an amazing cache. With all the hype about it, and me thinking about soooo much I dadgum near psyched myself out before even getting there. It was definitely hairy but I was thinking it was going to be 400 feet high while walking on a 2x4 or something. Not to take anything away from this cache though it was flat out awesome. I couldn't have picked a better one for #300. GPS read about 65 feet up (thats about 6 stories high) but it seems like more when you're out there. I was glad to have gear with me and if I did it again I'd still use it, although, as Squealy proved it's not entirely necessary. The hardest part was fitting my fat a** down there. Excellent job your "High"ness. Highly recommended as long as you're not afraid of heights.

Edited by JMBella
Congrats!!!

Nice picture too.....and good Figure 8!, but with static rope - a few feet falling would snap your spine unless you kept the rope taut (so kiddies...don't try this stunt at home!!!) :D

Yep. I learned that too. I tied a figure 8 every 5 feet to keep the rope tight. I thought of you while I was there, thats why I took that picture. ;)

3ec1f775-1d61-4fb3-830f-bb4ac9ba0edf.jpg

The Figure 8 knot is the only knot that does not cause the rope to lose strength. At least thats what they told me. Going for an officail class on tuesday. Can't wait!

Not that I would trust THAT railing to save my life........

BTW, I also noticed in one of the pics Squealy posted, it looks like you you guys walked in on the gangplank? ACK! I guess what you can't see 'cause it's covered with snow can't scare you, right? FYI,that gangplank is totally rotting out in places, and there are boards you could poke a walking stick right through.