Wtb Mapsend Topo

sladeb

What is the latest version number? I'd like to know that I'm getting something that's up to date if I buy online...

4.20, but you can upgrade to 4.20 for free from version 3.X with a download from the Magellan website.

It's just a small patch that enables the program to write regions to the SD card via an SD reader/writer.

What is the latest version number?  I'd like to know that I'm getting something that's up  to date if I buy online...

4.20, but you can upgrade to 4.20 for free from version 3.X with a download from the Magellan website.

It's just a small patch that enables the program to write regions to the SD card via an SD reader/writer.

I had heard of the free upgrade as welll and contacted Magellan Support after being unable to locate a link to download the upgrade (I have 3.00a). Magellan emailed me back telling me they will supply the 4.20 upgrade if I send them my old Topo and a check for $25 plus $6 for shipping. I decided to pass.

I agree - if it was a free patch at one point why the change now? As a point of interest I have version 3.0 - when I first got my Meridian I was able to load topo maps no problem at all. Since then I upgraded the firmware in my GPS, now I can't upload maps any more - but I can still upload waypoints and routes. Wish I could get it to upload to a card reader though.

I figure if it was a free patch at some point it still should be. If anyone happens to be clearing out some space on their hard drive and wants me to put the patch in my Recycle Bin let me know :D

I have Mapsend Topo if you'd like to buy it. I am waiting for my new GPS60CS so no longer need it. It's the full retail version v4.20d I can send it to you for $50, shipping included.

PayPal is fine, if that works for you.

I no longer have the Topo software.

Thanks. :P

I agree - if it was a free patch at one point why the change now? As a point of interest I have version 3.0 - when I first got my Meridian I was able to load topo maps no problem at all. Since then I upgraded the firmware in my GPS, now I can't upload maps any more - but I can still upload waypoints and routes. Wish I could get it to upload to a card reader though.

I figure if it was a free patch at some point it still should be. If anyone happens to be clearing out some space on their hard drive and wants me to put the patch in my Recycle Bin let me know :D

Yeah, that'd be a great thing to have if someone would by accident email it me. B)

To get the region on you SD card... can't you tell tell Topo to upload the region to the GPS while the GPS is not connected? Topo will create the IMG file and then give you an error when it can't find the GPS. The IMG file will still have been created on your hard drive. Just go into Explorer on your PC and cut and paste the IMG file to your removable drive (your SD card). That used to work anyway...

Thanks CheesyD - I seemed to remember there was a workaround but couldn't remember what is was for the life of me. I'll give it a try.

No problem. If it helps, this is the directory on my PC that Topo saves the IMG files in...

C:\Program Files\Magellan\MapSend Topo US\EXPORT\IMAGES

I used the defaults when I installed the software so maybe your IMG files end up in the same folder on your PC.