Signatureitems

:o I was just wondering how many cachers out there have signature items,in other words you leave the same thing in every cache you visit. I am trying to come up with something for myself that is not too expensive, But is a good trade item, or maybe a collectible item. I have gotten a few poker chips with the geo-caching logo and a team name on them from caches. Where would I get something like that?

I'm between Items right now. But very soon after starting I stated leaving a sig item. At the time I didn't even know what they were called. Who knows maybe the first edition RK Sig item will be a collectors item.

One of these days I'll print up a cache card, but I wouldn't go so far as to call a card a sig item. That's reserved for the future coin.

I have wooden nickels that I designed and had made by wooden-nickel.com They have a blazerfan logo on the front and say "good for one geocache trade item" on the back. The wooden nickel place did a great job and they look better than I expected.

I also had glow in the dark plastic tokens made... but tokenfactory.com messed up and they don't say anything near what I wanted. While token factory does good work I was not happy with them and can't recommend them.

Anyone know what I should do with 500 glowing tokens that say

blazerfan/good for one geocache

I guess I could give a film canister to anyone who asks about them...

I have wooden nickels that I designed and had made by wooden-nickel.com They have a blazerfan logo on the front and say "good for one geocache trade item" on the back. The wooden nickel place did a great job and they look better than I expected.

I also had glow in the dark plastic tokens made... but tokenfactory.com messed up and they don't say anything near what I wanted. While token factory does good work I was not happy with them and can't recommend them.

Heck, I would like to find those in one of my caches. A signature item is a signature item! Send some my way!!

Blank your name out and start yet another pirate spinoff?

Acutally I depending how you 'read' them, theres nothing saying person with the coin gets to keep the cache :lol:, just they get to chance to find.

WOW, I guess they are!!!

In addition to the personalized coins, a fair number of "generic" coins were also made. They have been for sale on the Conejo Cachers site since they were first made. I think they are being sold on ebay to try to help recover the cost of sitting on too many generics.

It appears thay they are fetching a good price!

My signature item is a labeled and numbered bottle opener. On one side the label reads "Change Your Latitude" and on the side it reads "CoronaKid S.I. #??/WWW.GEOCACHING.COM.

I thought long and hard when deciding on my signature item and I think I succeeded because it passed my four criteria:

1. It's fairly cheap to mass produce. I found 100 bottle openers on eBay for $10.

2. The item uniquely represents my username (Corona beer/bottle opener)

3. It's just the right size to fit in most micros.

4. I can label and number them easily.

Well, this is what works for me. I hope you find something interesting to represent yourself. Cheers!

coin_sm.jpg

I had 50 of these made with Trogdor!! on them.  The coins are made of bronze and are quite heavy. Nine of us had coins made with our own names and each set is sequentially numbered.  You can track teh coins on the Conejo Cacher website Conejo Cachers

Did I just see these on EBAY for sale? :)

Hmmm...those coins look a lot like Vacman's geocoins. I bet Trogdor and Vacman used the same coin maker. He told me he spent around $5.50 per coin so it looks like he could MAKE a slight profit selling them on eBay. :)

In all seriousness, I can't believe that someone (especially another cacher) would actually bid and purchase a personalized Geocoin. It kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? And who the heck would actually put a Geocoin up for bid anyways?

The whole thing just seems bizarre to me. Oh well, to each his own. :P

...In all seriousness, I can't believe that someone (especially another cacher) would actually bid and purchase a personalized Geocoin. It kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? And who the heck would actually put a Geocoin up for bid anyways?

The whole thing just seems bizarre to me. Oh well, to each his own. :)

I'd drive a long ways for a coin at a total cost of 200 or more dollars for gas, hotel, and food, but I sure as heck wouldn't spend 6.50 on an auction for one.

coin_sm.jpg

I had 50 of these made with Trogdor!! on them.  The coins are made of bronze and are quite heavy. Nine of us had coins made with our own names and each set is sequentially numbered.  You can track teh coins on the Conejo Cacher website Conejo Cachers

Did I just see these on EBAY for sale? :)

Hmmm...those coins look a lot like Vacman's geocoins. I bet Trogdor and Vacman used the same coin maker. He told me he spent around $5.50 per coin so it looks like he could MAKE a slight profit selling them on eBay. :)

In all seriousness, I can't believe that someone (especially another cacher) would actually bid and purchase a personalized Geocoin. It kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? And who the heck would actually put a Geocoin up for bid anyways?

The whole thing just seems bizarre to me. Oh well, to each his own. :P

My first thought was Vacmans coins as well. was looking to getting some coins made (before I found out the PRICE!!!) and they sent me some promo/proof coins. Wouldn't ya know it, one of the coins was a Vacman coin. I wonder how they ended up with the same design on their coins?

...In all seriousness, I can't believe that someone (especially another cacher) would actually bid and purchase a personalized Geocoin.  It kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?  And who the heck would actually put a Geocoin up for bid anyways?

The whole thing just seems bizarre to me.  Oh well, to each his own. ;)

I'd drive a long ways for a coin at a total cost of 200 or more dollars for gas, hotel, and food, but I sure as heck wouldn't spend 6.50 on an auction for one.

You have to remember that besides geocachers there are many token/medal collectors who would like these