The Race Is On!!!

The Weasel

PLACE YOUR BETS, PLACE YOUR BETS!!!

Yes folks its true. A race like none of its kind is about to begin. 3 TB racing Mods are about to take off on a race like no other. This race is going to be more exciting than Seabiscuit taking on War Admiral.

I was at home with 3 bugs to set loose, and I thought to myself "What would be the greatest race of all". Then it hit me. A TB Mod race. I picked 3 Mods (Don't worry, there are more Mod races in the works for the other Mods) to go on a little race.

The rules of the race are pretty simple. Each TB Mod racer will leave here from Iowa, and the first racer to make it to their respective Mod, get their autograph (a picture getting the autograph would be cool) and make it back to me in Iowa will be the winner. So, without further delay, lets meet the racing Mods.

Racer #1 will be Hydee

Racer#2 will be Keystone Approver

Racer#3 will be Mnt-Man

The odds do favor Mnt-Man and Keystone as they are the closest. But I wouldn't count out Hydee, shes a little spitfire that one. So place your bets and may the best Mod win!!!! ;)

Edited by The Weasel

I am laughing because I have a Chubaka exactly like the mtn-man TB sitting on my monitor! So I'd like to bet on mtn-man. But everyone likes Hydee, and I think Hydee might win. Keystone has lots of friends, but mtn-man travels far and wide too. I'm torn! How about I just root for the bugs, since I'm not a betting person?

I am laughing because I have a Chubaka exactly like the mtn-man TB sitting on my monitor! So I'd like to bet on mtn-man. But everyone likes Hydee, and I think Hydee might win. Keystone has lots of friends, but mtn-man travels far and wide too. I'm torn! How about I just root for the bugs, since I'm not a betting person?

;) Chewy was the closest thing I could find in my house that looked kinda "mountian manish".

I think the winner of the race is really up in the air. Hopefully none of the racers get muggled, lost or stolen.

Neat idea. However may I suggest that the next time you take a picture of a TB please do what the pros do and shoot against a plain background -- a wall will do or white box since it looks like you are using a webcam -- instead of the clutter of your room. It makes it easier to distinquish the TB.

I'm rooting for Keystone Approver myself.

[Edit] Looking forward to the new pics. Hope KA comes via Indiana!

Edited by RPW
Neat idea. However may I suggest that the next time you take a picture of a TB please do what the pros do and shoot against a plain background -- a wall will do or white box since it looks like you are using a webcam -- instead of the clutter of your room. It makes it easier to distinquish the TB.

I'm rooting for Keystone Approver myself.

My digital camera ran of batteries, so I was in a rush to get some pics up. I plan on redoing the pics real soon.

I'd like to thank The Weasel for setting this up. It will be fun to watch! I might be closest to Iowa, but my bug has to pass through Ohio, where I've archived my fair share of caches. There is a bug that's been trying since November 2002 to get to me from Michigan, and it hasn't made it out of Ohio. Hopefully the folks I've helped with quick cache approvals in Ohio will be first to grab the Keystone bug, before the folks who think I'm the one who dreamed up the cache permit rules for Ohio State Parks.

At the end of the week, I will move this topic over to the Travel Bug forum so we can continue to track the race progress there.

Race ya. 

Hee hee. I was thinking that us Nebraska people could get the hydee one closer and see what Keystone and Mtn-man will give us to not send theirs' the wrong direction! :lol::(

I like all three. So I won't cheer for one, I'll just watch and participate for good or bad (but in fun) if I get the chance. :D

Race ya. 

Hee hee. I was thinking that us Nebraska people could get the hydee one closer and see what Keystone and Mtn-man will give us to not send theirs' the wrong direction! :lol::(

I like all three. So I won't cheer for one, I'll just watch and participate for good or bad (but in fun) if I get the chance. :D

Sounds like a few PA people might have to make a road trip to rescue the Keystone bug... Boy, I would hate for the Hydee TB to end up in Key West...

Race ya. 

Hee hee. I was thinking that us Nebraska people could get the hydee one closer and see what Keystone and Mtn-man will give us to not send theirs' the wrong direction! :):)

I like all three. So I won't cheer for one, I'll just watch and participate for good or bad (but in fun) if I get the chance. :)

Sounds like a few PA people might have to make a road trip to rescue the Keystone bug... Boy, I would hate for the Hydee TB to end up in Key West...

I'll let you send the Hydee bug to Key West as long as the cachers send me the money to fly down there to retrieve it. I could use a weekend of sunshine and beaches!!! :D

Race ya. 

Hee hee. I was thinking that us Nebraska people could get the hydee one closer and see what Keystone and Mtn-man will give us to not send theirs' the wrong direction! :):)

I like all three. So I won't cheer for one, I'll just watch and participate for good or bad (but in fun) if I get the chance. :)

I'll let you send the Hydee bug to Key West as long as the cachers send me the money to fly down there to retrieve it. I could use a weekend of sunshine and beaches!!! :D

How much money do you want? Give me a number and its in the mail along with a lifetime supply of free chocolate. Maybe one of these 3 admins will just give somebody the money for postage and have their bug mailed to them and then mail it back to somebody in the area of the original cache

Fun idea.

It would be awesome if you could have easy links to the KeystoneTB and HydeeTB from the mtn-manTB page (and same for the other 2, of course).

This way, if a person knows nothing of this thread, and they find one of the TBs, they can quickly and accurately find the related bugs.

Let me know if you need html help to do this.

Fun idea.

It would be awesome if you could have easy links to the KeystoneTB and HydeeTB from the mtn-manTB page (and same for the other 2, of course).

This way, if a person knows nothing of this thread, and they find one of the TBs, they can quickly and accurately find the related bugs.

Let me know if you need html help to do this.

Thats a great idea. How do I attach this link to the TB webpages?

My friend and I are the ones that have the TB going to Seattle. We are wondering where in Seattle it is going so we can get it there.

Thanks, Martha and Beth

I would say that any cache in Seattle is OK. I thinking as long as it makes it to Seattle, Hydee should be able to pick it up.