Help Us Pick Our 100th Find!

CacheCreatures

Hey all! Mrs. CC and I are nearing the century find mark, and really want to do something special for find 100. We live in the Greater Bay Area, Northern CA.

Suggest one for us! Give us a link to a cache that has meant something to you, or one you found special in some way. This will not only help us pick our 100th, but also help to share some special cache stories!

We did Indian Montage and Ohlone Sanctuary together for one of the best days

of caching I have had. Excellent, varied caches, outstanding views, doable

exercise.

For a while there was a Silicon Valley Cache of the Week that had a number

of excellent caches. One of my favorites was Peiffer Stone House.

Good Luck!

I haven't done it, but I hear alot of nice things about the Lord of the Rings series; The Fellowship of the Ring in San Jose. Marky & Joani I'm sure would have some further insight to caches in the area, seeing as they're four digit cachers.

In Monterey area I'd recommend, Ladybug Lookout with Bohemiam Rhapsody (makes a nice loop hike). Make sure you're on number 99 before trying it, because Ladybug is VERY difficult (bad signal in the Redwoods).

X Marks the Spot is one of the better Puzzle caches in our area and is very scenic.

Happy Caching and welcome to the three digit club ;)

One of my favorites was,

Wait Until Dark by Chuguy (GCG8QV)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...da30e7c05882286

Don

I can not get any links to work :-(

I have to side with Forman on this one. Wait Until Dark :o is close to (if not) my favorite hunt. You could treat Mrs. CC out to a nice dinner, :D then go for the find of your century, :D a little victory dance - enjoying the romantic view of the lights :P and then cap things off with desert. ;)

I have to side with Forman on this one. Wait Until Dark  is close to (if not) my favorite hunt. You could treat Mrs. CC out to a nice dinner,  then go for the find of your century,  a little victory dance - enjoying the romantic view of the lights  and then cap things off with desert. 

Ohh I like it. How long (time) did it take to complete? If we are not real sure footed hikers, do you think we will still be ok?

"Wait until Dark" is a great cache, but maybe not the best choice for a winter cache if you are unsteady on your feet. The route is steep and can be very slippery when the trail is muddy. Of course that's half the fun for some people.

My choice for #100, if you haven't already done it, is "Stumped" (GC16F0) in Las Trampas Regional park.

Denise

Edited by CARDA186
"Wait until Dark" is a great cache, but maybe not the best choice for a winter cache if you are unsteady on your feet. The route is steep and can be very slippery when the trail is muddy. Of course that's half the fun for some people.

Would have to agree with most of the people here. Wait until Dark was suggested as our 100th find and we really enjoyed it! It can be slippery, it was for us, just waer some real good boots. It is my favorite cache find yet!

Peace!

Wow guys, you were right! Wait Until Dark was spectacular. We couldn't have picked a better night either. The moon was shining, the stars were out in force, the air was crisp, the trail was only soggy in places... what a good time.

Thanks for all the comments! We will definitely check into those caches mentioned by Sparky, compass, CARDA186 and everyone else. Here's toasting to the next 100!