60c Tones

03HD

Does the option for right & left turn tones only show up when you have City Select maps loaded? The manual shows a spot for setting right and left auto turn, but I do not have that on my unit ( have other tones to set but not these two) and thought that maybe when I load City select it will show up. Also, what exactly does battery saver do when set to that mode? Does it take longer to find position, longer to calulate routes, etc.?

Does the option for right & left turn tones only show up when you have City Select maps loaded? The manual shows a spot for setting right and left auto turn, but I do not have that on my unit ( have other tones to set but not these two) and thought that maybe when I load City select it will show up.

I noticed that someone posted on another thread the ability to have different tones for right and left turns. I believe they are mistaken - there is no such option on my 60C, and I do have the City Select maps loaded. The only tone options pertaining to Autoroute are the Turn Warning (Early) and Turn Warning (Final). There are about twenty different tones to choose from for these two warnings.

differing left and right turn tones do show up in the online owners manual...

Hmm... this is very curious. I checked the manual that came with the 60C and it does indeed show a Setup screen for the tones that would allow you to change the tone for left and right turns.

BUT... the Tones setup screen on the unit does not have these options!! I will send a note to Garmin to inquire about this. I can feel a firmware upgrade coming...

Edited by MeeCachers