Swedish Geocaching E-zine

hedberg

I checked out the Australian Geocaching E-zine (Link), and got a bright idea: Let's do one for Sweden.

The idea is to make a electronic magazine about Geocaching in Sweden. There will be interviews with cachers, test & review of new gizmos such a GPSMAP 60CS, photos from caches in Sweden and so on. Will also try to find a sponsor that are willing to give some kind of prize for a crossword or anything else that lets us use our brain for a while!

But you might perhaps have some ideas?

We will need photos from all caches all over Sweden. We will also need ideas about what to write about. Perhaps have you tested a new Geocaching software and wants to write a review about it?

So what we want is you to write want you want to read in this e-zine!

We are hoping we can find someplace on the internet where the newspaper can be found and where you also will be able to find the old issues of it...

The e-zine will be made in PDF-format and be mailed to the people who wants it.

Why we doesn't do an e-zine for the whole region? It's to big for one person to do, now with the Baltic countries also. But we will be happy to help you out if you wanna start your own local Geocaching e-zine in your country, we will most probably run into a lot of problems and get a lot of experience doing this!!!

I strongly support this kind of activity. It's interesting to read about other people's views on geocaching. Myself, I'm probably way too busy to run an entire E-zine (if only a small one) of my own, but I can imagine myself contributing something to others, of course. So go ahead, hedberg, if you feel the urge to do one. I'd be happy to read it, no matter if it's in Swedish or English.

Couple of links:

Today's Cacher - the upcoming magazine for geocachers everywhere.

The Official E-Zine of the Utah Association of Geocachers.

To be frankly, I don't have time for it either, running 2 business and having a family. And starting a third business together with my wife...

But I have the software and experience of making newspapers, so it can't be too difficult. I expect also to get some help from other cachers.. So we can work this out together.

Some examples what could be in the e-zine:

* Test of Garmin GPSMAP 60CS

* Interview with Tahu Nuva about his role as reviewer

* Pics from nice cache sites

* News

* Info about new caches

* Interviews with some cachers in Sweden

* Tip about events, caches and things like that

* Stats about who has found most and so on...

To be frankly, I don't have time for it either, running 2 business and having a family. And starting a third business together with my wife...

Oof, you sound like a busy man indeed. Hope you still can find time for geocaching! ;)

And hope that your countrymen and -women become inspired of the E-zine idea. The topic ideas sound interesting, at least.

I have received many ideas and tip about the e-zine.

The first issue is almost done, made it during a lunchbreak almost ;)

It will be about 6-8 pages.... I have finished a couple of them, and mailed questions to people I want to interview.

The e-zine will be in Swedish, but I hope you all can understand it anyway. Maybe if I can find time can I make a English version of it also...

Too late ;):o

I have already done the e-zine today, are just waiting for some last things to be mailed to me... Right now are it 9 pages.

Of course will I upload a link to the PDF here when it is ready!

One of the things that might interest the Finns can be a big interview with Tahu Nuva/Captain Morgan....

But I will remember your invitation...

Okay folk!

If you are interested in the Swedish E-zine about geocaching, send a mail to claes.hedberg[at]home.se with "TIDNING" as a topic.

Then will Eudora find it and place it in the right place!

The first issue will come within a couple of days!

Change the address above to a correct one, why I don't do it? Guess...

Downloaded the first copy of "Geocaching i Sverige" yesterday. I must say this is great stuff!! Compliments on a job well done. May this be an example to follow for other countries (i.e. Netherlands).

I did a ten-day geocaching tour in Sweden last summer, and I hope to be able to go geocaching in Sweden again this summer. Sweden truly is a geocacher's paradise!

Count me in as a regular "Geocaching i Sverige" reader (even though it's not easy for me to read Swedish). Looking forward to the next issue.

Keep up the good work!

Regards,

JC from the Netherlands

JC's Geocaching Page