Choices

wimseyguy

I got this in one of my foodservice enewsletters today and felt compelled to share it here. How is it related to geocaching? EZ-is it a good cache or a bad cache? Are virtuals/locationless caches woth doing? Should I give a tadpole poster a nice sincere answer or post something pithy,sarcastic or nasty? Should I markwell them or just suggest they do a search before wasting my time with a previously discussed topic? You ger where this is going? I'm all for the fun and mirth we have in here and am frequently sarcastic or juvinille myself. But I will not be nasty anymore (not that I think I have been that much in the past). Just my$.02

Have a great caching day! :blink: CHOICES

Fred is the manager of a restaurant in America. He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say. When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would always reply, "If I were any better, I would be twins!"

Many of the waiters at his restaurant quit their jobs when he changed jobs, so they could follow him around from restaurant to restaurant. The reason the waiters followed Fred was because of his attitude.

He was a natural motivator. If an employee was having a bad day, Fred was always there, telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.

Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up to Fred and asked him, "I don't get it! No one can be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?"

Fred replied, "Each morning I wake up and say to myself, I have two choices today. I can choose to be in a good mood or I can choose to be in a bad mood. I always choose to be in a good mood.

Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or I can choose to learn from it. I always choose to learn from it.

Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or I can point out the positive side of life. I always choose the positive side of life."

"But it's not always that easy," I protested.

"Yes, it is," Fred said "Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people will affect your mood. Youchoose to be in a good mood or bad mood. It's your choice how you live your life."

Several years later, I heard that Fred accidentally did something you are never supposed to do in the restaurant business: he left the back door of his restaurant open one morning and was robbed by three armed men. While trying to open the safe, his hand, shaking from nervousness slipped off the combination. The robbers panicked and shot him. Luckily, Fred was found quickly and rushed to the hospital. After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, Fred was released from the hospital

with fragments of the bullets still in his body.

I saw Fred about six months after the accident. When I asked him how he was, he replied, "If I were any better, I'd be twins.. Want to see my scars?" I declined to see his wounds, but did ask him what had gone through his mind as the robbery took place.

"The first thing that went through my mind was that I should have locked the back door," Fred replied. "Then, after they shot me, as I lay on the floor, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or choose to die. I chose to live."

"Weren't you scared?" I asked. Fred continued, "The paramedics were great. They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the Emergency Room and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes,

I read 'He's a dead man.' I knew I need to take action."

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Well, there was a big nurse shouting questions at me," said Fred . "She asked if I was allergic to anything."

'Yes,' I replied. The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled, 'Bullets!' Over their laughter, I told them, 'I am choosing to live. Please operate on me as if I am alive, not dead'."

Fred lived thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude. I learned from him that EVERY DAY YOU HAVE THE CHOICE TO EITHER ENJOY YOUR LIFE, OR TO HATE IT.

The only thing that is truly yours that no one can control or take from you - is YOUR ATTITUDE, so if you can take care of that, everything else in life becomes much easier.

I heard this story before, and it often comes to mind when I'm pushed into a situation at work. I try to tell myself to look for the positive response, all the while my hands are reaching to strangle the current object of annoyance.

My spirit is willing, but the flesh doesn't wanna listen ! :blink:

If anybody knows where to find Fred, tell him I need a mentor.

Was going to add some blither........decided not to.

It's just that this posts reminds me of those annoying e-mails I get from annoying family members where I'm supposed to send it to 10 different people or have unbelievable bad luck for an even more unbelievable amount of time.

Og

But if you read this thread 10 times in the next 5 minutes, will you see dancing panda bears on your screen? :blink:

I know the real Fred.  His name is Mike Ray, and he is pastor at Hopewell Baptist Church in Napa, CA.  A lot of the people in the church are just as upbeat as he is, too.  You would be happy too if you were sure you have a home in heaven someday.  ;)  I know I am.

I had a comment but I can'r word it in such a way that doesn't sound like i am challenging your beliefs. Seemd funny at first. I should learn to count to ten before I click that button.

Edited by Johnnie Stalkers
<snip> You would be happy too if you were sure you have a home in heaven someday. ;) I know I am.

Makes a BIG difference.

Those who don't know, don't understand. They can pooh-pooh it all they want. Doesn't change a thing.

The Good Book says "taste and see"; or in the lyrics of a "Pink Floyd" knock-off group:

"I'll see it when I believe it"

Personally, I don't want to belive in heaven. I'd rather belive in reincarnation. I'm having a perfectly good time here. Why would I want to leave it for somewhere else? I can't possibly picture heaven as being this cool. It seems boring to me.

Actually, what I do belive is that when you die you go to a really cool party. Have you ever noticed that people at really cool parties NEVER call you while they're there? No. They call you the next morning and tell you about the great time they had while you were channel surfing in an effort to kill the boredom. If they do call you, they're so messed up and the place is so loud you can't figure out what they're saying anyway. (Messages from the dearly departed so often seem to be that way.)

So. I figure, when I die, I'll be at a cool party. Have a good time in heaven. We'll call you when the party's over and tell you what it was like.

<snip>Personally, I don't want to belive in heaven. I'd rather belive in reincarnation. </snip>

Have fun in your new life as a garden slug. :)

What a bummer. You find ALL the caches, but you can't get the lids off.

And the beer caches would be fatal! :):):P

Can't we pick what we will come back as?

<snip>Personally, I don't want to belive in heaven. I'd rather belive in reincarnation. </snip>

Have fun in your new life as a garden slug. :unsure:

And the beer caches would be fatal! <_<<_<:rolleyes:

Can't we pick what we will come back as?

OK. I'll allow it THIS time. But you KNOW it's against the guidelines.

Have fun in your new life as a garden slug. <_<

Related silly joke:

Johnny was working at the fish plant in Carbonear when he accidentally cut off all ten of his fingers.

Johnny went to the emergency room at St. Johns.

The doctor looked at Johnny and said "Let's have the fingers, and I'll see what I can do."

Johnny said, "I haven't got the fingers."

"What do you mean, you haven't got the fingers? It's 2004.

We've got microsurgery and all kinds of incredible techniques.

I could have put them back on and made you like new. Why didn't you bring the fingers?"

Johnny says, "How the he[[ was I supposed to pick them up!"

:unsure:<_<:rolleyes:

Well I made my choice long ago like Fred,

There is no (Other Place )where you go,It is the decision that you make in the Moment the Here and Now that makes the difference.

I got to talk to that (Great Spirit),or what ever you prefer to call it,and was given a very profound statement.

I give you Life.

Everything else is a Blessing.

Or as the Book says: I give you blessings and cursings you decide.

Well that is enough from me I usually do not state my experiences,because it is up to each individual to make their own decisions and reap their rewards.