Are Forum People Into Caching Enough?

GPSCache

Who cares if it is a valid number, it's dadgum cold anyway :blink:

Yesterday did we have -16 degress Celsius and cold strong wind from the ocean. (Our town is located at the ocean), and according to the Weatherman on the TV means this that it was something like -30 degress Celsius...

And I can tell you - that's cold...

But I you wanna buy me a ticket to Hawaii and let me cache there, no problem...

Mail me if you want my full name and address for sending me the tickets :D

Not necessarily so... Some people pump up cache numbers, some people pump up forum posts, some people lurk and cache, some people lurk only, some people cache only... Right now, I'm in to a lurk, post, cache mode -- my last caching adventure involved 9000 air miles, a train ticket and struggling with a foreign language. I don't always post a lot, and I don't always cache a lot, but so far, I'm pretty satisfied with my game...

I was assuming that forum people are doing messages instead of

caching. Is this okay?

I'll assume you are playing on the forum instead of caching since the idea made sense to you. Personally, we managed to get two more today. Probably the easist two in town but since the ink for my stamp froze (Arrrggghhh!) I think we were wise not to go on any extended hikes.

Granted, according to the one post/cache logic that so often gets thrown out here I should probably go away (since my post count probably exceeds my find count) but that's the price I pay for not going on cache machines or logging yellow jeeps. I'm just not one of those people who thinks the find count actually matters. I guess I'm not really a cacher after all, since for me, it's about having fun, not having high numbers.

(Yes, I know yellow jeeps and cache machines are fun too. But quite honestly we have way too many yellow jeeps out here for me to care and way too few cache machines for me to have the opportunity. So I guess some moderator will have to ban me for just not caching enough.)

:D

I was a member for about 6 months before I came to the forums. I spent this time looking for new caches to this area, along with printing off most caches within our range.... Also reading up on the ins and outs of finding and placing caches. This was very useful to me as I have not had any problem placing virtual or traditional caches.

I finally came to the forums, and learned there was a wealth of information here.

It still took a few weeks for me to post here for the first time, and I don't post alot. But I look in almost everyday, because I think even the most advanced cacher still learns something new here often enough to make it worth while. This is a good venue for continuing to learn about different areas of the country, and the difference of caches according to the area and climate. What works in my neck of the woods might not elsewhere...

I also enjoy the humor that some are famous for on here, it brightens the day and makes me keep coming back for more...I don't enjoy the flame wars though...they are unnecessary, cause hard feelings, and generally turn alot of people off.

As to posting instead of caching...I spent the day doing cache maintenance...which is no small task as two of my traditionals are about a 200 mile round trip.

There is a lack of caches here, and we are fast going to have to cut back because of time/travel constraints..which means more vacation hunting. But slowly we are adding to the cache counts to add to others pleasure. The forums are a nice ending to an enjoyable day outdoors...even if I did'nt get to cache. :blink:

I think that the next time you decide to go find a cache, you ought to think about it a bit and perhaps makes some more forum posts first. How can you expect the cache hider to take your log seriously if you have no posting experience? :D

That's supposed to be funny, BTW. :blink:

Here's a post: F*** You!