4x4 Caches???

Luv2ski35

I am new to this sport....I live in Atlanta and would love nothing more than to get a handfull of caches that are 4x4 accessable. I can't find any that are 4x4 specific in the area of 30540 zip code.....

I am talking about with my truck....3" lift, 32" tires, rock sliders, on a Nissan Frontier 4x4.....I am trying to prepare for the Raid North Georgia Challenge, a 20 hour challenge/scavenger hunt/rally/off-road event that you have to use truck, mt. bike, foot, canoe to get to certian waypoints in stages..... that is just in the planning stages. It is scheduled for mid August. ANy questions about this event contact Kyle @ KenMtnAc@aol.com.

I don't mind if we have to hike the last 200-300 feet to find the cache, but I want to be able to test my, and my trucks off-road ablities as well as sharpen (develop) my GPS skills.

Why do you say they are opposed? I figured as long as one follows the Tread Lightly rules, it doesn't matter how you get there.....

I really just want to find some that are off logging roads or near ORV parks.

I guess I'll just have to start posting Caches that are 4x4 caches.....

I also am an avid 4-wheeler here in Colorado. I'm a member of a jeep club and have enjoyed finding 4x4 caches in Colorado and have started making my own 4x4 caches. Some of them are hard core like GCG8E0 which is probably easier to hike than drive. No reason why jeepers can't enjoy their hobby with caching as a bonus. :blink:

Gotta go with the 4X crowd here, off roading and geocaching are not opposed!!!! Dedicated 4X'ers want to keep the areas they frequent pure. Our club "trashes out" on every trip we go on, rigs with oil leaks are prohibited, etc. etc. Basically we leave things better than they were before we got there.

When I hiked I had my rants against people who cut the switch backs. Heck I've cleaned up (I'm talkin buryin' poop) after other bad hikers, just becuse you wear a pack pack instead of drive a four-by dosen't mean you are nature friendly. There are bad apples in every barrel, that dosen't mean you throw them all out.

Don't brand people because of how they get there. <deleted, tree huggers have feelings too. :blink: >

A positive statment: I would suggest you look at some topo maps and plot some cache locations on them, you might be suprised.