Virtual Maze

Eric K

Think of a human version of the popular Pac-Man® video game and you get the idea behind Virtual Maze. The player walks through a labyrinth on the screen in search of markers. The goal is to collect all of the flags within the maze in the fastest time possible. There are three levels of difficulty as well as three sizes of mazes for additional adventures. Each maze is randomly generated, making each game a new challenge. For more competition, get a few of your Geko-toting friends together and synchronize the start of Virtual Maze. That way, all gamers compete against each other and against the clock in the same maze on their Geko 201.

Imagine a bunch of people wandering around in seemingly random patterns, staring at electronic devices? Sounds like cahing minus the cache ;)

. In its version of Whack-A-Mole, called GekoSmak, the player has to smack a virtual lizard before it disappears. That means walking or running to the nearby coordinates displayed on the device and hitting the OK key.

Oh man, that's a problem in the making....

Ryan: The next lizard is 300 ft that way!

Betty: Ryan, look out for that (tree, car, river, bridge, tree, person, beehive, tree....)!!

REMEMBER SAFETY FIRST

WARNING: Do not attempt to play these games while driving a motor vehicle.

It acutally says that in the manual.

I don't know why. It seems that a nice field and a ATV would make the game even more fun - just don't play on the same field with someone else who has their own GPS game. :ph34r:

i saw that on cnn a few weeks ago.

this may or may not be off topic, :ph34r: has anyone tried to make words with the tracks on your gps while walking? using it like an etch-a-sketch? i haven't been that bored yet, but someone out there might be. just another way to use billion dollar technology for useless pursuits.

When I first got my Geko 201 I tried the maze game and the other games included by Garmin. The manual said that the games would be entertaining and also help me learn to use my new toy. I didn't care for the games - not very entertaining or educational. I seached the Internet looking for better GPS games and discovered geocaching. Have been geocaching ever since and never tried the garmin games again.