Mapsource Metroguide Question

jrohde

I'm considering buying the MetroGuide CD's. I've seen a older version of MetroGuide (2.00) in action. I didn't like the map selection that was offered. I do have Roads & Rec, which I like the map selection options. The version of MetroGuide I seen, would select way larger areas of map than I wanted. The version of Roads & Rec I have, allow me to select different counties in the state. I'd prefer to select by county, or better yet highlight areas to load (like cropping pictures in a editor). I'm curious as to if this is still how maps are selected in the newer versions of MetroGuide. I'm thinking of buying MetroGuide 4.02 or 5.0, for my Garmin Legend.

Thanks

Jon KC9AXZ

Yes they are still the same. I have MetrGuide USA 4.02 and the latest City Navigator NA v5 and both operate the same on loading "map set" sections.

They seem to be sized according to memory/data. Like a large city will have several small map sets with high data capacities, while rural ares are large with less data.

Works fine for me.

The City Navigator has an option to click and drag an expanding square to load a large area of map sets without clicking on each individual map set.

Yes they are still the same. I have MetrGuide USA 4.02 and the latest City Navigator NA v5 and both operate the same on loading "map set"  sections.

They seem to be sized according to memory/data. Like a large city will have several small map sets with high data capacities, while rural ares are large with less data.

Works fine for me.

The City Navigator has an option to click and drag an expanding square to load a large area of map sets without clicking on each individual map set.

:blink:

That was not what I wanted to hear. Oh well. I guess I'll hold off, and keep my R&R. I'd love to be able to load like you described for City Navigator. The maps that Garmin decided needed to be loaded into my GPS go way to far North and South, but I need it to go further West. I can't load more maps with the memory I have available.

Thanks

Jon KC9AXZ