Foley Lake Cito Event

BeDoggy

I've wanted to have a Cito event at Foley Lake for some time now. I feel CITO day would be the right time for it.

How about caching in the morning around Chilliwack, then head up to Foley Lake(GCG0K8), finding caches along the way. Do some clean up, have a BBQ, maybe a draw for prizes.

If anyone has some ideas on how to proceed, please post them here.

If you have anything you would like to donate as a prize, that would be much appreciated.

If you would like to attend, please post here.

Thanks, all.

Edited by BeDoggy

BeDoggy, count me in! I would be interested in helping out in anyway possible. Some thoughts:

1) any interest in getting together to place some caches prior to the event or would you prefer to use existing caches? Group caching?

2) one of the guys in at Vedder Mountain Field Supplies was very interested in caching when I was in there yesterday. Perhaps we could see if they would donate a prize (ie. backpack or something).

3) maybe a kids cache machine?

BeDoggy, count me in! I would be interested in helping out in anyway possible. Some thoughts:

1) any interest in getting together to place some caches prior to the event or would you prefer to use existing caches? Group caching?

2) one of the guys in at Vedder Mountain Field Supplies was very interested in caching when I was in there yesterday. Perhaps we could see if they would donate a prize (ie. backpack or something).

3) maybe a kids cache machine?

Thanks for responding.

I would hope that area cachers would place a few caches on the way to the lake. I don't mind doing it myself but it would help provide variety if other cachers hid some too. If you would like to get together to place some, (any cacher who reads this) I would look forward to that.

If you know anyone who has an interest in caching invite them along. A CITO event would make a good first impression.

If we can get local area businesses to become aware of what we are doing and contribute, that would be fantastic.

A kids cache machine is a good idea. Make it more like an easter egg hunt. Lots of little objects hidden close together, but far enough apart to make a GPS useful.

I'm going to contact the appropriate gov't offices and let them know what we are planning to do and ask if they could contribute to the event, and if we might be permitted to hang some signage that would indicate what we had done there.

I have considered letting the local paper know about it. I am conflicted about this.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Please let other cachers know about this. This should be a great event.

Thanks.

Thanks for responding.

I would hope that area cachers would place a few caches on the way to the lake. I don't mind doing it myself but it would help provide variety if other cachers hid some too. If you would like to get together to place some, (any cacher who reads this) I would look forward to that.

If you know anyone who has an interest in caching invite them along. A CITO event would make a good first impression.

If we can get local area businesses to become aware of what we are doing and contribute, that would be fantastic.

A kids cache machine is a good idea. Make it more like an easter egg hunt. Lots of little objects hidden close together, but far enough apart to make a GPS useful.

I'm going to contact the appropriate gov't offices and let them know what we are planning to do and ask if they could contribute to the event, and if we might be permitted to hang some signage that would indicate what we had done there.

I have considered letting the local paper know about it. I am conflicted about this.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks.

There is a plan in place to set some caches in that area; they should be done in plenty of time for your event.

Other than that, I don't know how else to help you.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks.

Hmmm....placing some caches together with other area cachers would really be interesting. I've heard lots of people rave about "A Town and Her Sappers" and a couple of regular caches and a multi would be good.

Getting the word out by the newspaper is a tough one..... How much publicity do you want; how do you balance a well attended event with impact on the area? But, then again, a huge part of that is "trash out", so that alone is a big factor considering the amount of garbage that's left at Foley. I think it wouldn't hurt to put it into the local paper, with a focus on cleaning up the area.

I'll try to make it in to Vedder Mtn. to see if they would be interested in donating something.

Do you think GPSCentral would provide something like TB tags, a t-shirt, etc.?

I'm beginning to make inquiries about holding this event. Before I proceed I want to make sure that there will be enough people attending to qualify as an "event".

If you wish to attend, post here. If there is not enough interest, then I will go no further in my inquiries and just do some clean up next time I do a maintenance visit for my cache there.

Thanks.