Yellow Jeep Fever Archived!!!

Probably, but I don't think its an issue with real caches.  Its highly unlikely that any real cache will reach over 1,000 logs.  Could be an issue though with some of the more popular locationless caches. So unless they make the programming changes to accomodate all those logs I'm sure we'll see others archived fairly soon. 

In this case I'd think it would be nice to waive the moratorium on locationless caches and allow the owner to create a duplicate.

The Rock That Rolls is approaching 500 logs right now. It is a 'real' cache, just one that happens to move. I wonder if it'll be slated to get archived?

Why not give YJF a new ID and let it continue?

Team Bohica

Hope they bring it back.

It was easy to find (although I never logged it), but I can understand both sides of the fence. Personally I'd rather have this cache around than some drive up, park less than 20' from cache that is in a dirty unattractive area. But to each is own.

I'm greatly concerned that if there is a technical issue on one, what is stopping it from another one being pulled. The largest cache find on a regular cache I have seen was only 200 mark.

Happy Trails.

I just drove home my brand new Yellow 2004 Jeep Wrangler and I can't log it?!? ;) I hope to see this one return, maybe they can make an exception to the morituium (sp?) because this is so popular. I like the Yellow Jeep Redux idea!

169808_300.jpg

EDIT: added pic!

Edited by kc8hnz
I just drove home my brand new Yellow 2004 Jeep Wrangler and I can log it?!? B) I hope to see this one return, maybe they can make an exception to the morituium (sp?) because this is so popular. I like the Yellow Jeep Redux idea!

Man, that's exreme geocaching fever to actually buy the subject of a locationless just to log it! ;):blink: You're the second one in as many weeks to do that! ;)

What about making this an annual log with something different every year? This would generate far more interest so the topic would have to be a bit more specific than just the make of vehicle. At the end of the calendar year, the cache is archived and no more finds allowed.

The cache 'owner' would need to be vigilant about tracking the images to ensure that they're correct. I saw a few Toyotas listed as Yellow Jeeps. Heck, I'd be happy to host a year.

Possible ideas:

Yellow Jeep CJ-5

Blue Land Rover Series rig

Red Toyota FJ40 (whatever the designation for old-style Land Cruisers)

Green Jensen-Healey

Remember, I'm suggesting that we only do ONE of the above for any given calendar year.

Just because it's archived doesn't mean you can't post your find.

If you are so desperate to log this locationless as a find, as I am embarassed to say I did, then go for it.

<_<

Can you log an archived cache? Yup.

SHOULD you log an archived virtual or locationless cache? No

An archived cache is an unmaintained cache. YJF is a rare exception in that it wasn't the owners choice to archive it. Even then, if you look at the logs, it was NOT being maintained when it was active. There are all sorts of yellow things logged as finds there.

Normally though, when a locationless cache is archived, it means the owner no longer wants to have to maintain it. You should respect the cache owners wishes, as well as this website's, and not log a locationless cache found AFTER it's been archived.