First Hide . . . Gone . . .

Once upon a time there was a geocacher. Let's call him "Dave". Dave had been having a fantastic time finding caches near and far. He ran into all sorts of parks he had never been to, and looked at more rotting logs than he would admit to. He loved going out for the hunt, walking in endless circles, and taking newbies along for the fun.

Eventually, Dave decided that he should help expand the community by placing his own cache. Being financially strapped, he waited and waited until Christmas came, and at the top of his wish list was a Rubbermaid tub. Thankfully, one of his sibblings humored him and bought him a tub. It was the perfect size for the variety of goodies he had been saving for this moment. He even included a disposable camera (which he had also gotten for Christmas) so he could see all the happy faces that had found his cache.

He followed all of the cache-hiding guidelines to a "t". He walked back and forth to the hiding spot to make sure his coordinates were true. And Dave went home that night to fill out the online report form with a huge smile on his face.

Then Dave calmly waited for the logs to start showing up.

The first was a "Not found" from an experienced cacher. No biggie. Maybe it was just a fluke. Then came another "Not found". Then another.

Dave decided he should make sure that his coordinates weren't off. After all, there was a little bit of tree cover, so maybe his trusty eTrex was a bit off. So after enjoying his first day back at school and the most amazing weather, Dave set off to his spot.

Dave went to his spot. Dave looked for his cache. Dave found nothing. Dave got pissed.

Hi, my name is Dave.

[additional content removed by moderator.]

:D

Edited by Keystone Approver
Being financially strapped, 

After all, there was a little bit of tree cover, so maybe his trusty eTrex was a bit off.

Financially strapped and Etrex just seem like a oxymoron to me :D

Wow. It couldn't have been an ancient gift as well, now could it?

Seriously, did you spend at least thirty, maybe FOURTY seconds contemplating this?

Good boy.

Now go back to hating your job.

As for everybody else, thanks for the kind words!

Edited by liquidsnatch
January 23 by liquidsnatch (22 found)

Yo peoples, I'm trying to get this changed to a Virtual Cache. All of the info is correct if you'd like to go and visit the virtual now.

dadgum geomuggles made off with my uber-sweet tub of goodies.

Sorry about your luck....but my guess is you aren't going to be able to get this changed to a virtual.

And, since Dave did this after Christmas, he hpefully didn't leave footprints in the snow.

The FTF on my first cache didn't log it online and didn't sign a GC "handle".

Not sure if it was a muggle or just one of those cachers who don't log online.

It had a very special (expensive) FTF prize as this was my first cache.

Darn. the geomuggles win every now and then.

Sorry for your loss, LS.

It happens to everyone. I've lost 3. One was the same cache twice in slightly different locations.

Your location appears to be a tower?

Perhaps a matchbox secured under a handrail or something like that could redeem the site and be secure enough to not get muggled.

In regards to the virtual guidelines, the only places I could conceive of where you couldn't hide some kind of micro would be in places where it was forbidden by law or regulation.

If this is a real popular area, I would bet somebody saw you place it. It probably didn't last 10 minutes after you left.

Tough break. Learn from it and cache on,

Dave

(Woohoo 500th post!) (or Whoopee as the case may be) :blink:

Edited by ChurchCampDave