Geo-hot Potato III (IIb)

Stump

I join in with what my teammates have said. This game is new and imperfect. With what we have learned we can all work to improve the rules to make the game more interesting and fun for all. The Piercing Headaches gave us a run for the money. In a game that should have little strategy, they found a good one. It just didn't work out. Had blights hit at night rather than during the day, the result may well have been very different.

Well played and I look forward to the next craziness.

I second that. The one-day event game sounds like a ton of fun. It'd be as much challenge for the Dispatcher as it would for the ones in the field. Count me in! :D

Good game, everyone! I enjoy these group participation events. To me, caching has little to do with the numbers, and a heck of a lot more to do with the challenge. Making a game out of it pushes things to a whole new level of challenge, especially when we're all conspiring to outsmart each other. <_<

After talking it over with my team, we've concluded that we're now so far behind that our chances of winning are just about zero.

We concede. Congratuations to the Kingons for a hard fought icon_smile_blackeye.gif competitive game.

TravisL and the rest of your Southern Team have my respect! Some of your plays were very outstanding!

Of all the lessons learned, I hope that the next game(s) allow for more thought and planning and less to chance! Without the heavy blight penalties this could have been more fun. When the game turned to blight defence rather than deep runs into the enemy territory, the whole tone of the game became less risk (fun) and more defensive!

As always, the more I interact with geocachers; the more I like them!

PS: I also have respect for the northern players and the referee!

As a team member that spent the entire time on the bench this time around, I want to add that both sides of the team did an outstanding job in keeping within the spirit of the game and allowing the ref to do his job and abide by his rulings no matter the outcome. It was accomplished with minimum hassle and a whole truck load of grace.

Good job guys and gals!

Edited by TotemLake

I'd like to second what others have said about geocachers being a great group of people. There were some tense/controversial moments in the game and it was a great relief to me to see so many geocachers accept their fortunes/misfortunes with great grace. Even if it meant a 3 hour trip or a week of planning was all for naught. Sure made my job a lot easier.

We played 2 games and each team won one game. So I can honestly say the best team won. :(

:o Well i finally got out of the Burn unit @ Good Sam, Man that blight blew my pocket across the Basketball floor during a 6 Yr old Girls game. I really had to act strong like it didnt hurt, boy that Potato was no more and it's now a Puget Sound Geo Tator Tot.

I guess my attempt to be a good playing member of this Team south caused more problems then I had hoped for. For that Team south gets my apologies. I'm still beating myself up over the fact the team has givin up any hope of a recovery and chance to win this thing, then again I do understand the point difference happened rather fast and unexpectantly. :( I've told my wife to wear a mask to work and Hide from GEM's and Herr Fritz so she doesnt get sent to the principals office.

As Gaviidae has said, A great bunch of People, YES Cachers area great bunch of People and I havent met you all Yet, but im sure someday we'll cross trails, and kick up some MUD.

Until i can redeem myself i'll be sleepless in Puyallup, cuz Seattle is in King County.

Good luck to all with your future endeavors and we'll see you around the cache.

Thx for letting me play.

DblGyprs

(Of all the things I've lost,

I miss my mind the most.)

I guess my attempt to be a good playing member of this Team south caused more problems then I had hoped for. For that Team south gets my apologies. I'm still beating myself up over the fact the team has givin up any hope of a recovery and chance to win this thing, then again I do understand the point difference happened rather fast and unexpectantly.

Don't sweat it -- after reading what you went through to try to place it in a few great spots before the deadline, I don't know that we could have asked you to do much more. I'd pick you to be on my team again in a second :(