Screen Shot

Fire Eater

I am assuming you are on a PC running windows. As an alternative to pressing the "Print Screen" button (may look like "PrtScn") you can press this key combination: ALT+PrtScn. That will only capture the active window and not the entire desktop.

Hope this helps.

Edit for spelling

Edited by DiverMan

I have tried the Print screen button and the alt print Screen and nothing happens. Does it open another program...ie notepad or emai? When I manually opened email and tried to paste it did not work. Do I have to turn on the Print Screen function?

I am using Millenium and trying to take a screen shot of a map in Metroguide Canada. I guess if this does not work I will have to download the freeware software.

Fire Eater

1) Open your favorite photo/graphic editor.

2) press print screen

3) open a new thing to edit (usually file->new)

4) click paste.

5) Now try it with ctrl-printScreen, shift-printScreen, and alt-printScreen.

It takes a bit of experimentation before you get used to it, but that's life.

Fire Eater~

I think that I can HELP YOU. To do a screen capture: Press the Print Screen Key (RT. of F12) you will not see any thing happen,........ then go to > Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint > click on the screen > press and hold > Ctrl > V .........you will be able to see the page that you need to capture. Then you go to the top left of the page to > File > Send to ......and you can email to your friend. :D

5) Now try it with ctrl-printScreen, shift-printScreen, and alt-printScreen.

CTRL-PrintScreen, SHIFT-PrintScreen, and PrintScreen by itself all do the same thing on my ME system. Alt-PrintScreen captures just the active window.

When I do a full screen capture, it grabs the image from my second monitor, too.. which is kind of weird, and a little irritating--although I did use that feature once to my advantage to capture a really wide window.

Jamie