message icons

Tweedler

quote:
Originally posted by Tweedler:

How do the message icons get applied to the cache log entries. Mine all took on a happy face but two were not very happy

Not completely sure what you're referring to .. but if you log a find ... you get a happy face ... if you click that you didn't find it ... you get a frown ... now in addition to that there are the little smilie faces you can add to the text of your log ... but that's different. Is that the one you're refering to?

348_1002.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

quote:

How do the message icons get applied to the cache log entries. Mine all took on a happy face but two were not very happy

Not completely sure what you're referring to .. but if you log a find ... you get a happy face ... if you click that you didn't find it ... you get a frown ... now in addition to that there are the little smilie faces you can add to the text of your log ... but that's different. Is that the one you're refering to?

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/348_1002.gif

quote:

Thanks, that's it. I thought maybe you could put on frown on ones you don't like

Well, you can put them in the logs, if you really feel it's necessary. However, I wouldn't use the found/not found options for this. It not only will throw off your find count, but can give the impression that the cache may be missing. If people see that the last few logs are frowny faces, they may just assume the cache is gone, without even readig the logs.

PS_sig.gif

Here's something I haven't figured out in four months: you can access a window with the keystroke/smiley-face list on it... but I can't open the WHOLE window to see all of the faces. My ability to express myself is severly limited, man. Help!

Charlie

"One should never begin a journey by heading in the wrong direction..."

quote:
Originally posted by LarsThorwald:

Here's something I haven't figured out in four months: you can access a window with the keystroke/smiley-face list on it... but I can't open the WHOLE window to see all of the faces. My ability to express myself is severly limited, man. Help!

I assume you mean in the cache logs. The window cannot be resized, but it can be maximized. Try pressing Alt, the the space bar, then X. Or double click on the title bar. Or click the Maximize button.

PS_sig.gif

[The window cannot be resized, but it can be maximized. Try pressing Alt, the the space bar, then X. Or double click on the title bar. Or click the Maximize button.

Here's what's weird: my window's ALREADY maximized... yet I'm only seeing half of the icons. I've tried dagging the edges of the window as well, but no go...

Charlie

"One should never begin a journey by heading in the wrong direction."

quote:
Originally posted by LarsThorwald:

... yet I'm only seeing half of the icons. I've tried dagging the edges of the window as well, but no go...

Charlie, I know this might seem a little too simple, but did you try changing your Text Size (making it smaller) before you open the Icon window? Just a thought. Cheers ....

~Rich in NEPA~

1132_1200.jpg

=== A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is; a man with two GPS receivers is never sure. ===