Forums Off Limits To The Disabled And Ill

Well, I'm sorry to hear of this new guideline, but in this thread Wander Lost informed me that since I am disabled, I am no longer allowed to post in the forums. Anyone else out there unable to cache due to health reasons? Well, I'd ask you to post here if you were, but apparently that's now against the forum guidelines.

Thoughts for this disabled cacher?

Flames for this disabled cacher?

Rude comments about my disability?

Impertenent personal attacks about my post to cache ratio?

List'em here!

Sparky maybe you should sue Groundspeak for hating disabled people? :rolleyes::(B):)

Hmmmm....yeah! I could call it SparkySpeak.com! And they would now be called Geosparks instead of Geocaches! Maybe this back injury isn't such a bad thing afterall! But, if I sued them, would I still be disallowed the right to post to the forums? Maybe after I owned them, I could change that, and not let anyone with, say, over 22 caches to their name post here! Yeah.....I like that....... :D

Oh Sparky get over yourself. He never said you couldn't post, just that you don't need to post useless crap all day....just to see how high you can get your post count.

I'm over it....and I'm not "posting crap all day" just to boost my post count. If I was doing that, I'd be booted like SirRalaN was a moment ago. I don't "push the envelope" or push people's buttons. I just try to have a good time. I've been warned before for being off-topic, and I know I was off-topic when I got warned. I haven't been warned for it for quite a while now, and I still occasionally post something of value to someone besides myself. Yeah, I joke with the others about getting a high post count, but I really, truely, honestly couldn't care less about the numbers here or in geocaching. I do both because I enjoy it, not for a competition. Apparently, several others feel that it is a competition, and when the see the low number of caches I've found, automatically think they are far superior to me, and are not in the least bit tactful or kind in letting me know it. The statement was an implication by Wander Lost that my back injury is no excuse not to be out caching, when that person has no idea of my health, nor will they ever, and it's not their business to be mentioning it. When I challenged that, they changed their story, and made the comment which became the topic of this thread. I'm over myself. I've got a life, I'm just not able to do with it what I want, and I take great offense at others who don't know me or my situation yet still think they have any say in what I can or can't, should or shouldn't do.

Oh, and Hemlock? I've already read that, so don't threaten me. We all know you can post links, but it's not on topic here, so please refrain from off-topic posts, ok? Thank you.

Banning forum use for the physically disabled? This is absurd. :D Sorry Sparky but it looks like there are some folks who don't appreciate the entertainment value of your post. I for one enjoy your posts, all 976 a minute. Cat still creeps me out though. :D

If we are going to ban people on the basis of disability why don't we start with folks suffering from chronic L.O.S.S. and A.R.T.?

LOSS = Lack of Social Skills

ART = Acute Rectal Tightening.

PS - I feel obligated to point out that in this thread you have made 6 of the 12 posts, quoted four times, used 14 emoticons and provided one link. Good thing its not about the numbers. :huh:

Edited by Johnnie Stalkers
Banning forum use for the physically disabled?  This is absurd.  :D  Sorry Sparky but it looks like there are some folks who don't appreciate the entertainment value of your post.  I for one enjoy your posts, all 976 a minute.  Cat still creeps me out though.  :D 

If we are going to ban people on the basis of disability why don't we start with folks suffering from chronic L.O.S.S. and A.R.T.?

LOSS = Lack of Social Skills

ART = Acute Rectal Tightening.

PS - I feel obligated to point out that in this thread you have made 6 of the 12 posts, quoted four times, used 14 emoticons and provided one link.  Good thing its not about the numbers.  :huh:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! I'm glad someone can see the humor in this thread! :D:D:D

EDIT: I'm competing with Smurf-boy to see how many times I can use the letter "e" in a post. Will you count them for me?

Ok, now, back to business.....where the heck were you when everyone in the world of geocaching ganged up on me and beat me into submission? I was sooooo alone! :D

My back still hurts, my left leg and arm are completely numb, and I have no bladder control, but by golly, I'm gonna go caching because I only have 22 finds, and I've been told, not in so many kind words, that that number is just not acceptable for forum posters. Will you push my wheelchair, oh great pantless one? :D :D

Edited by Sparky-Watts

Ok, now, back to business.....where the heck were you when everyone in the world  of geocaching ganged up on me and beat me into submission?  I was sooooo alone! :D

..snip...

Will you push my wheelchair, oh great pantless one? :huh:

A pantless guy pushing a smarta** through the woods in a wheel chair? Talk about attracting flamers.

ROFL!!! :D:D ......because I can't stand up......hmmm....not so funny now that I think about it....aw, heck, yeah it is! :D:D:D

Hey Sparky!! Chill out man. Lately you've been real temperamental and easy to inflame. I always enjoy reading your opinions and playful banter. But lately you've been so easy to anger. Please calm down and relax. I would hate to see you banned. Hope all is okay.

Thanks, sturgeon, I'm cool. Just figured I'd better come here and vent rather than get banned for letting too much steam out elsewhere. It's all cool and mellow......prozac is a wonderful thing! :huh:

1) This has been a good read.

2) Most people, even doctors don't GET IT.

3) I may never sleep again, I know you don't really look like a drowned cat, but thats the image I have burned into my mental cornea. I also have an image of Johnny Stalker, something from Gone With The Wind except floating in the air. Wet cat in a wheel chair being pushed by a floating torso, :huh: .

Gee Sparky, I had strep throat all week and managed to go find a couple of caches. Surely you can go out caching in your low-cache-density area of Kansas and rack up a few finds a week! :huh:

Gimme a break. I had over a thousand posts well before I found 100 caches. Maybe before I even hit 50. I even lost my GPS (I think the babysitter stole it) and didn't get it replaced for 6 months, but I was still in the forums. Banning someone from posting because they can't cache? That's ridiculous. Go place some handicapped accessible caches for Sparky to find and he will. He'll still be able to post 20+ times a day.

EDIT: I'm competing with Smurf-boy to see how many times I can use the letter "e" in a post. Will you count them for me?

I will try to help you out here:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Wait let me take my shoes off.

11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Sorry that is the best I can do. I will have to call it a tie, you both have 20.

Being 'ill' doesn't give you the right to fill these forums with a bunch of usless posts just to hear yourself type.

I beg to differ. It is an inappropriate observation, and incorrect assumption that I fill the forums with useless posts just to hear myself type.

You just made the point.

as a handicapped cacher who lives in snowy michigan, (how's that for a double whammy?), i'm with you sparky. these forums should not only be about caching, but fun too. i enjoy reading posts like yours and the smurf. they make me laugh. LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE!!!! life should be fun. not a full time flame war.

I think if you're going to create a topic specifically to attack someone, the least you can do if quote the facts, not some mangled, variation of them.

Sorry, no matter how hard I try, I can't rearrange the letters in:

Being 'ill' doesn't give you the right to fill these forums with a bunch of usless posts just to hear yourself type.

to make it come out as:

since I am disabled, I am no longer allowed to post in the forums.

Unless of course, because of a disability, you are somehow incapable of posting anything BUT hundreds of useless posts. In that case, I'm sure there is a forum specifically for such things, but last I checked, this one's supposed to be about geocaching.

Edited by Mopar
Sorry, no matter how hard I try, I can't rearrange the letters in:

to make it come out as:

since I am disabled, I am no longer allowed to post in the forums.

That's how I read it.

What is the thread starter trying to say in the title if not what Mopar notes?

Congratulations, everyone. Your criticisms just provided him with a motive, and his own personal thread, to double his daily postings. Server space well spent.

This is the primary reason why I, for the most part, stay out of the forums.

Edited by flossmoor

Johnny is right...for a change! <_< I did create a thread that actually started somewhat of a controversy. As I've been told by so many greater cachers than myself, I never do anything worthwhile here in these forums. I appreciate the hundred or so emails and PM's I've gotten since I opened this thread, and I appreciate the support of my friends here in the forums. And since I am best known for never posting anything of substance, or ever doing anything that helps the noobs (that must've been someone's sockpuppet using my name in all those getting started threads that answered all those questions), then I guess I will close this thread since two people here apparently disagree with me, and since it was originally two other people in the other thread that disagreed with me enough to start a personal attack and flame war against me, the only thing I can do is to crawl back into my corner and hope the forum bullies will quit kicking sand in my face.

I don't apologize to anyone for my posts, I don't apologize to anyone because I have an injury that prohibits me from being such a great ubercacher as anyone else, and I don't apologize to anyone for their misgivings about me. I do apologize to my friends here that have had to witness any meaningful posts that I have made. I promise not to ever interject anything of any substance again into any thread, no matter how much on topic it is, or how much it helps.

Oh, sorry, I thought this was the Geocide Note thread! :D:D:):D

Ok, ok....I've had my 15 minutes of fame, and a lot of fun along with it. In case you "ubercachers" with your 10 posts and 10,000 cache finds hadn't noticed, this was a test of your maturity and respect. For the most part, the majority of you failed. You may all return to your caching now and I will return to my posting within forum guidelines, as I have been doing for several weeks now (though only a couple of the moderators have actually noticed enough to thank me for it) :D

Say Goodnight, Gracie! :D