Geoeating

I don't have the coordinates, but I give Rutts Hut 5 mustard stains. The best hot dogs this side of the sun...and they're deep fried in lard. How good can good get! For a close second, though an entirely different animal, there is The Hot Grill, which I give 4.5 mustard stains. Hot Grill makes the best Texas weiners anwhere. Period. Then there is the famed Hot Dog Johnny's, which makes a purty durn good dog, and I give them 3.5 mustard stains. Oh, and Rutts Hutt gets a bonus mustard stain, because they serve beer.

Finally, there is A Taste of Reality Deli, which has been serving geocachers since 2001 (because a half dozen of my best caches are nearby). The place has even earned a few mentions in the cache logs. It's just under 528 feet from my house and I can enjoy sandwiches like The Full Monty (grilled roast beef, grilled onions, melted mozzarella, grilled hot and sweet peppers with horseradish sauce on a long roll), or the Rajun Cajun (pepper turkey, hot ham, pepperjack cheese, sliced hot cherry peppers, lettuce, tomato and chipolte mayo on a roll), or the Kinnelon Killer (grilled roast beef, melted cheddar, fried onions and russian dressing on grilled rye bread). Mmmmmm, I could go on, but I have to go get something to eat...

Edited by briansnat

In the UK, many caches will have a recommended pub for food and drink on the info page. Apparantly this was seen as commercial by the powers that be until it was explained that's it truly a part of British culture, and not intended commercially at all.

So... we usually eat at a pub while caching. And it's usually one recommended by a cache info page!

People eat while caching?

We usually eat a big breakfast, and then stop for a decent dinner after the sun goes down and we have decided we are through or we need to switch to our night hunting gear.

Rice Krispie treats and lots of water if you just have to eat something during the day, can't waste valuable caching time with something as insignificant as eating.

I don't go out to eat after caching, I just come home and demand that Mopar prepare me something. :D

Actually, there was a place near me called Duke's Smokehouse that was always a good after-caching eatery. Sadly, they are now out of business. I don't know how that could have happened . . . the place had the best ribs, pulled pork, brisket, cole slaw, mac-n-cheese, sweet potatoe fries imaginable. (sigh!)

Oh well . . . happy caching and stuff! <_<

Same here - I like eating out when I'm with geogrumps, but when caching, I cache as much as I can, and never feel hungry.

I will, however, try to make a point of mentioning place to eat that I enjoy on my own cache pages, or even on a Find log, every now and then.

If we really are what we eat, then I'd be fast, cheap, and easy, especially if I actually stop to eat while caching. Famous Dave's BBQ or Fuddrucker's always works for a bite after caching, though--If I can't find one of those, anyplace with beer works.

We usually eat a big breakfast, and then stop for a decent dinner after the sun goes down and we have decided we are through or we need to switch to our night hunting gear.

Rice Krispie treats and lots of water if you just have to eat something during the day, can't waste valuable caching time with something as insignificant as eating.

lol.. I'm pretty sure that the only group that ate on the cache-n-dash were the people doing the 24 hour run.. My car had two apples each and about 11 ELFudge cookies to split amongst us. At one point we got M&Ms minis - which explode if left in a hot car - but that was more for micro containers than for anything else. lol.

I did, however, get McDonalds on the way home, and I have no recollection of actually tasting the burger. I'm pretty sure I ate it in 4 bites.