Groundspeak Forums....

And fake. I seriously thought you geocided for good. Well no I didn't I posted that youd be bake in your retirement thread. Welcome back. Was it a boring few days without the forums or were you just on vacation or somthing and couldn't get to a computer so you commited geocide to make it interesting. You and mtn-man geocides in days, but his only lasted about mins

I can't help but feel like someone wants to start a flame.

Therefore I will be like upinyachit and geocide for 5 minutes.

Scared aren't you.

You are all being so mean to me.

Nobody likes me. Eveybody hates me, and yet none of you have the slightest clue who I am.

I am sad.

:rolleyes:

I can't help but feel like someone wants to start a flame.

Therefore I will be like upinyachit and geocide for 5 minutes.

Scared aren't you.

You are all being so mean to me.

Nobody likes me. Eveybody hates me, and yet none of you have the slightest clue who I am.

I am sad.

:(

This reminds me of a bumber sticker they used to sell in Johnson County, KS (a suburb of Kansas City). It read: "Welcome to Johnson County, now leave". :)

PS-no one here hates you. In fact, we love you and want to help you (crap, I sound like the Democratic Response). :rolleyes:

..who needs um

I don't know, but it sure seems to be used more and more every day. Soon we will need a "for um" forum. :rolleyes:

Actually, I like the forums mostly for the entertainment. The so-called sock puppets and trolls provide much of it. The mega-posters are also included. Ooh..ooh..I forgot about the creative spelling. Surely you won't get surly about that? :(

These forums are very valuable. If they wern't here we'd all (well those in the US anyways) would be watching the State of the Union. I'm glad Im here because its on every channel

thankfully i have cable. hooray! for the history channel and A&E. :rolleyes:

I took about 3 minutes before I switched back to Looney Tunes on Boomerang. :(

psssst... everyone needs to be discussing the value of the Groundspeak forums in order to keep this thread on topic. Thanks!

Well in the last few months the value has certainty diminished. This has become the private playground for a few forums flooders. Two of them actually have good information to share. Unfortunately it's only one out of every ten posts. They in turn have given a half a dozen more the excuse to also flood. These newer posters offer nothing in the way of useful information. They're prime objective is to push the envelope and increase their post count. They add nothing to the conversation and hide behind a thinly veiled interest in Geocaching.

So in closing. The forums have in the past been useful and I hope in the near future they will once again. Until then we'll all just have to put up with uninformed, ignorant and inflammatory flood of posts.

This is of course just my opinion.

psssst... everyone needs to be discussing the value of the Groundspeak forums in order to keep this thread on topic.  Thanks!

Well in the last few months the value has certainty diminished. This has become the private playground for a few forums flooders. Two of them actually have good information to share. Unfortunately it's only one out of every ten posts. They in turn have given a half a dozen more the excuse to also flood. These newer posters offer nothing in the way of useful information. They're prime objective is to push the envelope and increase their post count. They add nothing to the conversation and hide behind a thinly veiled interest in Geocaching.

So in closing. The forums have in the past been useful and I hope in the near future they will once again. Until then we'll all just have to put up with uninformed, ignorant and inflammatory flood of posts.

Agreed. How about we get rid of post counts? That might solve the problem. :rolleyes:

Agreed.  How about we get rid of post counts?  That might solve the problem. :rolleyes:

Agreed!

Agreed! Oh, well, I'm probably one of the people Harrald has so self-righteously bashed here, but to be totally honest, not having a post count wouldn't deter me at all from posting, or flooding as Harrald put it, the forums with pretty much nothing of substance. If I actually wanted to post anything of substance, I most likely would. The main reason I post the things I post, and the way I post, is basically as a jab at those of you who will debate the same topic for page after page after page, while not ever stating anything worthwhile after your first response post. I get tired of seeing the same people repeating the same thing over and over and over again, while trying to maintain their position on a superfluous debate about whether one unimportant, thinly veiled subject linked to geocaching is better than another unimportant, thinly veiled subject linked to geocaching.

So, get rid of post counts if you want. And as long as you insist on flooding the forums with redundantly obsessive and boring posts, I'll keep flooding them with nonsensical and thinly veiled references to geocaching and/or ignorance thereof. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I am in the #16 spot for all time posters, and have an average of 26.69 posts per day! I'm so proud of myself!!!! :(

Edited by Sparky-Watts

It was only August when Jeremy said this.

Shortly thereafter, "the great crackdown" began. It hasn't taken long for the forums to come full circle.

Well in the last few months the value has certainly diminished. ... The forums have in the past been useful and I hope in the near future they will once again.

"Bingo." Harrald "hit the nail on the head."

Edited by BassoonPilot
<<SNIP>> I'll keep flooding them with nonsensical and thinly veiled references to geocaching and/or ignorance thereof. :rolleyes:

<<SNIP>>

That's the first step. Admiting you have a problem.

Now try

Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

I get tired of seeing the same people repeating the same thing over and over and over again ... I'll keep flooding them with nonsensical and thinly veiled references to geocaching and/or ignorance thereof.

Is that what you're doing?

I'll tell you what "gets me tired": People who rarely geocache, who apparently don't give a dadgum about geocaching but use these forums to engage in "virtual masturbation."

To get back on topic, I think the forums are still valuable. I guess it's just dependent on one's definition of value, and how it fits the forums.

Maybe we're not defining "value" properly. We're too fixated on the value of the forum content and ignoring the fact that it's keeping the regular posters off the street - or at least reducing the time spent there. I consider that valuable!

Oh, wait, I post daily too ..... I rest my case. :rolleyes:

I get tired of seeing the same people repeating the same thing over and over and over again ... I'll keep flooding them with nonsensical and thinly veiled references to geocaching and/or ignorance thereof.

Is that what you're doing?

I'll tell you what "gets me tired": People who rarely geocache, who apparently don't give a dadgum about geocaching but use these forums to engage in "virtual masturbation."

Ok, but who would that be, and what does it really have to do with the topic of this thread? Have you possibly considered that some people come to the forums to learn and enjoy a spirited discussion? Have you possibly considered that some of us are here because of health reasons we are not able to get out and cache? Have you possibly considered that making comments like these are not at all helpful to anyone in the forums, and that you can't possibly know how much interest anyone has in caching but yourself?

Yeah, maybe I am a "self-appointed moderator", and as such, I'll kindly remind everyone to please stay on topic. Is that wrong?

Have you possibly considered that some of us are here because of health reasons we are not able to get out and cache?

That is such a load of horse manure!!!

I've got several friends that are avid cachers that are not in the best of health. At our Holiday party one cacher came with her guide dog! She's legally blind and still gets out to cache. Another local cacher had a full knee replacement, still walks with a cane but she's out almost every day.

Being 'ill' doesn't give you the right to fill these forums with a bunch of usless posts just to hear yourself type.

Have you possibly considered that some of us are here because of health reasons we are not able to get out and cache?

That is such a load of horse manure!!!

I've got several friends that are avid cachers that are not in the best of health. At our Holiday party one cacher came with her guide dog! She's legally blind and still gets out to cache. Another local cacher had a full knee replacement, still walks with a cane but she's out almost every day.

Being 'ill' doesn't give you the right to fill these forums with a bunch of usless posts just to hear yourself type.

Oh, ok......guess there are more experts on my health here than I thought. Good for you and your blind friend. Hope you never are bedridden with a back injury while waiting for surgery. And if you are, for Pete's sake, don't ever post to any forums. I can't believe the rude and insensitive people around here. Does that come naturally to you, or do you have to work at it? :rolleyes:

EDIT: I guess the mods aren't doing their job then, because apparently the injured and lame are not allowed to post here. Thanks for pointing that out. :(

Edited by Sparky-Watts