Kiitoksia Paljon Suomalaisille!

stu_and_sarah

We have just had the best holiday of our lives in Tampere, Finland. We didn't know what to expect, but our trip was everything we hoped for and we were very sad to come home.

Thank-you to all the people who made us feel welcome at the Tampere Dockyard event cache - a special thank-you to Captain Morgan for arranging it.

Special thanks also to H+K (Harjus), hippihiiri and Divine and Virpi for hospitality and transport to more caches than we ever thought we would manage. I think we did 15 in 4 days.

It was interesting to see how many multi-caches there are in Tampere, and how much maths is required to find the final coordinates - nothing like British caching, where they're nearly all traditional. Also, it was very good to see the creative contents of micro-caches, where ours normally only contain coins or maybe just a log sheet and pencil.

Tampere is a beautiful place - we have many great photos. Three of my immediate choices as favourites are:

pyynikki.jpg

pyynikki_exposure.jpg

nearlysunshine.jpg

And, yes, we did go out on the ice... but we got scared before we reached the island. It was still a fantastic experience, though:

pyhajarvi.jpg

Thanks once again. We will come back soon to try the summer. Maybe this year, maybe next!

If any of you come over to Britain to try some caching, do get in touch, and we'll see how we can help you out!

Edited by stu_and_sarah
It reminds me of Narnia, you know the place where Lucy (was it Lucy really, I can't remember) met Mr. Tumnus the faun after coming through the wardrobe.

Or, then again, it might be from Pyynikki ridge. :rolleyes:

Yeah... you're right about Narnia.

It was indeed at Pyynikki. I think we were walking to the west from the munkki café and tower. Divine had just pointed out that we might not want to walk on the ski track, and maybe the pedestrian track would be better :(

I'm glad to hear that you guys liked Tampere and had a fun time here :(. It was fun to meet you guys and also fellow geocachers from Finland. It was fun going geocaching with you and H+K (Harjus) on Saturday.. even though you can sense my fear on the last picture :).. my posture tells quite a lot about my insecurity on ice :D.

Thanks to Captain_Morgan who arranged the event. I'm sure the next geocaching events will be great!

br,

hippiemouse :rolleyes:

Edited by hippihiiri

We are so happy that you liked your stay in Tampere! We are the ones who should say thousands thanks because we had a great weekend and also the Monday evening with you, it was really great to share some experiences and to get new international friends. :rolleyes:

We look forward to meeting you again here or there on the English soil!

Again, also huge thanks for the nice time together to all of you Finnish fellow geocachers and special thanks to Hippihiiri for the great company on Saturday!

I have now dumped the contents of my camera onto a web-page.

They're not sorted, and I haven't had time to turn the sideways ones

around, but you can find them HERE!

We particularly liked the ducks in the park on DSC02669. Divine told us they were man-eating ducks. I'm sure they probably are, but they soon swam away when the camera flashed.