Putting A Cd Into A Geo-cache

phern47

I play in a blues band and we just recorded 4 songs to make a demo CD. Would this be a nice item to leave? I could make it a "Travel Bug". All the person has to do is download the songs to his computer if he wants them and put my CD into another cache. What do you think about this. Would it make a nice signature item and "Travel Bug". I am new to geo-caching so maybe CD are not recommended as a cache item.

I play in a blues band and we just recorded 4 songs to make a demo CD. Would this be a nice item to leave? I could make it a "Travel Bug". All the person has to do is download the songs to his computer if he wants them and put my CD into another cache. What do you think about this. Would it make a nice signature item and "Travel Bug". I am new to geo-caching so maybe CD are not recommended as a cache item.

Yes

I can't think of any reason that a CD wouldn't be a welcome trade item in a cache. Personally, I'd love to hear your tunes! The wife and I blues fans.

Of course, you'd have to be kind of selective about your choice of containers. (i.e. would it fit?) Ammo boxes and large tupper-type containers would be your best bet.

Welcome to the addiction!

The only thing you have to think about is how many people will put a CD that they find into the woods into their PC. I guess I'm just a worry wart about getting dirt/viruses on my PC.

I'd have no problem putting this into my PC. A simple wipe down with some glass cleaner, and I'll let my virus scan insure there are no problems.

You could easily burn multiple copies of the CD yourself. CD media is very cheap and it would make an great signature item.

Go for it!

I have actually found 4 CD's. 1 blank (not good) and 2 were bands that were not very good, thus the CD's tended to stay with the McToy fraction of the cache contents. The 4th CD was digital recording of the Mercury Theatre's War of the Worlds broadcast. WAY COOL! Still have that in my collection. May copy it so I can use this as a trade item, but will probably just listen.

I would get into a Blues CD. Send some to caches out my way!

This reminds me that I need to check on my "experiment."

I leave concerts of trade-friendly bands on CD (100% legal, see www.etree.org) in caches. Last year I placed a couple of these outside on my property with varying degrees of protection from the elements - from ziplocs inside gladware to just a paper sleeve on the ground. They've seen 2 ft of snow, hurricane Isabel and summer heat. Its been 11 months, so I need to check on their condition(s) and see if they play.

The only thing you have to think about is how many people will put a CD that they find into the woods into their PC. I guess I'm just a worry wart about getting dirt/viruses on my PC.

You should mark it as an audio CD. That way, no one would be afraid to put it into their cd player, whereas they might be afraid to put it into their computer.

Wow! Just had the opportunity to listen to the tunes. (My employer has Websense on the computers at work; no fun stuff...)

You guys sound great! If you do use your "CD-as-a-travelbug" idea, make sure you have one make it's way down to Terre Haute, Indiana. My wife and I would like to hear all of it!

Best wishes!

Edited by Team Flashncache
I'm at your site listening to your jams right now. Very cool. Wow! Thats the best version of Mary had a little lamb I've ever heard. You guys are good. Heck send me some copies and I'll put them in caches.

Bella,

Send me your address and I will send you some copies. Hey....what better way to get known. You never know....maybe some rich Arab oil magnat will want to hire us for a gig. The CD has 4 complete songs on it. A total of 16 minutes 45 seconds. 1 tune is in French. It's a blues/rock protest song.