While Geocaching...

wray_clan

Double the pleasure?!??!?!

TROJAN MAN!

Oh, sorry, wrong forums, thought we were at the uhhh, umm... uhhh, well you know what forums I'm talking about..

Seeing as that the closest navicache is 50 miles as the crow flies from my house, and that I'm not about to start placing a bunch and logging them over their, I don't see myself running into a navicache anytime soon...

Edited by TeamK-9

Well, my multi cache "Eschew Obfuscation" found itself in the position of a letterbox being placed right at the mid point. My latest log has the finder confused about what a letterbox is, and he didn't even make it to the end of my cache. He thought he had found it when the exact spot where the next coordinates were had a tupperware container. Funny thing, since he is a new geocacher, he actually took the rubber stamp as a trade item.

Edited by Dru Morgan
...ran into a NaviCache cache (on accident)?

Yep, sort of. I received reports of a these strange index cards in one of my caches. They said "How deep is the Mississippi?" and had a set of partial coordinates. If you found enough of these cards, you'd be able to determine the full set of coordinates. These were obviously supposed to be distributed among a number of caches, but they all ended up in my cache. I went through them, and wrote down all the numbers. I had all the coordinate digits except one, and it was the least significant digit. So I plotted a line of where the cache should be, for a future search. I mentioned this later to someone, who told me to look on Navicache for it, and sure enough, it was there, with the full coordinates. I've found the first couple of stages, but haven't gotten around to completing it yet.

According to the Navicache site, the closest cache to me is 27 miles away. As it turns out that particular cache is dual listed but was plundered over a year ago and archived on gc.com. Navicache still shows it as active.

Note that while Navicache shows 1 cache in 27 miles, if I do a 27 mile pocket query on GC.com, it maxes out at well over 500 caches. I'll stick with the site that has usefull listings <_<