Any Thoughts About This?

Nebrcacher

Look at the author's other auctions.... HEHEHE

An entrepreneur has it start somewhere. I don't blame him for trying, but I pity the person why buys it.

I somewhat blame him. His products are like snake oil of the new century. Utter crap, and evidently he knows it. (Just change the title). Seems he is doing ok with 185 feedbacks.

You don't have to make a good product to dominate the market (ie Microsoft)

No, you DO have to have a decent product. It has to be good enough to keep the general public happy. But it doesn't have to be a great product. You do need timing. He's too late with too little.

Bill was in the right place, at the right time with the right answer. But before that, he did do a good job with MS Basic. Good enough to be noticed.

...Bill was in the right place, at the right time with the right answer...

Windows was the answer to the Macintosh. That was an answer at the time. OS/2 was better, more stable, and in all ways but one the better product. That one was market share and so it lost.

MS Office just hitched a ride on the Windows bandwagon and came to dominate the market. Not because they were better, they were 'ok' and at the time 'ok' was what you could get free with your new computer from every vendor.

So yeah, you at least need 'ok'. I paid money for better software back then, and whats better now actually costs less than the MS products do. Free came at a larger price later. Even Office 97 products still dent the pocket book.

Bill was in the right place, at the right time with the right answer. But before that, he did do a good job with MS Basic. Good enough to be noticed.

He didn't do a job he bought and re packaged a product. BASIC was around before Bill, DOS was around before Bill. He is a great marketer and great business man but IT professional...ummmm. No.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

He didn't do a job he bought and re packaged a product. BASIC was around before Bill, DOS was around before Bill. He is a great marketer and great business man but IT professional...ummmm. No.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

I understand what you are saying. He didn't write DOS. Yes, BASIC was around before Bill, but he wrote Microsoft Basic and at that time was a decent product. Give the man credit for what he did do.

OOOOO Access! I'm impressed. All that for only 2.99! Wow he has only 5 left. What are we all going to do?!?!? Can we share it or do you think we'll get busted for piracy.

Seriously, If this was purchased, do you think he'll part with the codes so it could be made to accept GPX files, or waypoint downloads? If it's written in Access it shouldn't be too hard to add those things. It is all linked through tables, Right?

Doesn't seem to be worth the effort when there are better, free, options out there.

Peace!

I'm going to buy the Geocaching, Recipes, Home Inventory, Ghost Hunting, Fishermans, Treasure Hunting, Comic Book Collecting, Coin Collecting, and the Baseball card collecting software!

Somebody stole my Fishing Lure Collection, so I won't be needing that one. <_<

NOT!

If it's written in Access it shouldn't be too hard to add those things. It is all linked through tables, Right?

Doesn't seem to be worth the effort when there are better, free, options out there.

Peace!

It is probably written in VB, because if it were written in Access then everyone would need the MSAccess application to run it.