Fuzzy's Cache Simplifier

Traveling Jones

I am not in favour of downloading files with extensions like "VBS" etc.

But ".exe" is just fine, eh? Just because VBScript is the language of choice for Outlook worms and other braindead exploits doesn't mean it's inherently bad.

Just how stupid would I have to be to make a worm, virus, or other destructive type of software available on a web page whose domain is registered to my real name and address?

I appreciate the help. I downloaded the zip file, unzipped to my unzipped folder then clicked on the reg file. It asked if i wanted to had the info to the registry, I clicked ok. Well after restarting the computer it has the option in the tools menu, and I can customize the tool bar with it but there is no icon, just a blank button. Either way with the blank button or from the tool drop down menu it wont do anything when I try it with a cache page open. Am I missing something here? Running windows ME if that makes a difference.

Yep, you missed the part of the instructions that says

unzip the file in your Windows directory
If you copy the two .ico files and the .html file to your Windows directory, or (if you're concerned about putting things in your Windows directory) edit the .reg file and change the references to "%windir%" to point to the directory where you unzipped it, it should work. Edited by parkrrrr
I am not in favour of downloading files with extensions like "VBS" etc.

Hi Phern;

You're new[1], so you don't know fuzzy, but I'll tell you that he writes and shares lots of software for caching, and I've found his stuff to be tight, well-written and useable. Never had a problem with it, and I wouldn't have a problem with downloading and installing anything of his.

[1] newer than me, and I've only been here a couple of months.