Wanted: Rubber Strap For Garmin Yellow Etrex

malak

one of the moulded buttons on my garmin etrex came off. B) The local service centre won't seel me the individual piece -- the rubber moulding that goes around my yellow etrex -- and will only include it as part of an $80 service package :huh: (and he was so insistant on the guaranteed part of the work, sounds like a marketing thing. B) ) I expect a number of the other models use the same piece.

Anyone in Canada, preferably eastern Ontario or Quebec, have a gps junkpile?

one of the moulded buttons on my garmin etrex came off. 

Same thing happened to me. I fixed it, temporarily, by putting a copper BB in the hole and covering it with duct tape. It isn't waterproof and it isn't pretty but it works.

Apparently this is a known problem with the gasket and even if your unit is out of warranty there's a good chance that Garmin will fix it at no charge. You will have to pay to ship the unit to them but that's a lot cheaper than $80 CDN. Contact Garmin customer service directly instead of asking the dealer who sold you the unit. The dealer may not know that this is a common problem.

Hope this helps, Bob.