Holding A Tb?

sarge76

I know this is probably a newbie question, but how long can you hold a TB? I've had one for a couple weeks and I'm heading 3 hours away here in two more weeks. I thought it would be interesting to take it with me as I do some geocaching out of town and where I'll be taking it is part of it's "goals". Is a month too long to hold on to a TB?

It is good to keep TBs moving, but sometimes things happen, or as in your case, holding it longer could be good. The key is to email the owners. I once had a TB that I held way too long because everytime I went to put it in a cache, it wouldn't fit. I let the owners know that I was working on it and they were very nice about it. Recently, I had the experience of picking up a bug in late July/early August while on vacation with a friend, who swore she was buying a GPS to start caching on her own. So, she insisted on taking the TB home with her (not near me) and then never bought the GPS! After some failed attempts to get her hooked up with a cacher in her area to get the bug placed, I had to wait until Christmas for her to sheepishly bring it back and give it to me to place (she did feel bad about it). Anyway, I emailed the owners throughout the process and they were also very nice about it. I would imagine that they would be pretty ticked off though if I hadn't let them know what was going on!

Hello? It's WINTER here is Maine, and the temperatures have been well below zero.

I've got a couple of TB's that I've had for a while. Yes, I could dump them into a local cache to get rid of them, but I plan to move them along as soon as the weather gets better.

Cachers surely must realize that when they put a bug in a cache - that it may be a while before it moves if the season is bad.

Am I wrong?

:D

And another thing - do we really need to email the owner?

The owner is notified of the bug's movement, they know who has it, and if they REALLY want it to keep moving, that can email the holder. 

True, but I prefer to email the owner myself when holding a bug for a long time instead of making them email me first. I consider that to be polite. Plus, once in awhile owners freak out after a period of time and might send a not so nice email when they would have undeterstood the situation if they heard from the person holding the bug first.