How Many Did You Find Today?

Snideswipe

Based on an optomistic weather report this morning, I loaded up in the trusty truck and went about the midwest in search of treasure.

It was supposed to be 45 today, but we maxed out at 37 with lots of drizzle and a little sleet. I managed to pull off an astonishing feat: I did not cut off my leg, or even a toe.

I found nine out of nine today :lol: , I'm feeling pretty good. How'd you all do?

I found none. I did however manage to post to numerous threads, dozens of times. I have offended, in theory, a countless number of fellow cachers and hopefully made at least that many chuckle once or twice. Was it worth my time you ask? Heck no. Should I have been caching? Heck yes. But I had some fun and managed sit on my butt all day. Cease the day, as long as its not today. :lol:

Based on an optomistic weather report this morning, I loaded up in the trusty truck and went about the midwest in search of treasure.

It was supposed to be 45 today, but we maxed out at 37 with lots of drizzle and a little sleet. I managed to pull off an astonishing feat: I did not cut off my leg, or even a toe.

I found nine out of nine today :lol: , I'm feeling pretty good. How'd you all do?

Where in the midwest is Miami, FL?

It was supposed to be 45 today, but we maxed out at 37 with lots of drizzle and a little sleet.  I managed to pull off an astonishing feat: I did not cut off my leg, or even a toe. 

I found nine out of nine today  :lol: , I'm feeling pretty good.  How'd you all do?

Where in the midwest is Miami, FL?

Here.

The latest news on Snideswipe's profile:

I'm currently visiting my dear mother in Missouri. And my feet are very, very cold.

I'm a little more north of where you are now. Not that it is an excuse, but I only found one today (but a really cool one). I aimed for another, but the only safe place to pull the car in was a deep mud and icy water pit. I figured I would save that for a day when I was sure I could get the car back out! :lol:

The latest news on Snideswipe's profile:

I'm currently visiting my dear mother in Missouri. And my feet are very, very cold.

I'm sorry.

So, I've apparently got some sort of dreaded affliction which causes my feet to act as a heat sink. I'm constantly wandering around in slippers, even in Miami. This leads me to the things I'll do for warmth...

Dear mother tosses me something that looks like an oversized polar fleece nightgown and tells me to pull it on. It's an odd shade of turquoise and turns out to be something of a sack, with little holes on the outside corners for your feet to poke through. An unusual idea, but I'm always game for an adventure.

The holes at the bottom are a little snug, I suppose they're supposed to fit tightly around one's ankles. It's not as if I'm an Amazon woman, but as I stand upright and get ready to zip up the front, the sack rides up to just below my knees.

I stand there momentarily, dazed, looking like a crazed, oxygen deprived penguin. I remained in that frightening outfit until half way through the night, when I woke up due to the lack of blood flow past my knees. At least I was warm!

Does anybody have a pair of battery powered socks they want to send me?

So, I've apparently got some sort of dreaded affliction which causes my feet to act as a heat sink.  I'm constantly wandering around in slippers, even in Miami.  This leads me to the things I'll do for warmth...

Aren't there those air-activated hand warmers made to go in your shoes? Have you tried those?

Edited by SamLowrey

Dear mother tosses me something that looks like an oversized polar fleece nightgown and tells me to pull it on. It's an odd shade of turquoise and turns out to be something of a sack, with little holes on the outside corners for your feet to poke through. An unusual idea, but I'm always game for an adventure.

The holes at the bottom are a little snug, I suppose they're supposed to fit tightly around one's ankles. It's not as if I'm an Amazon woman, but as I stand upright and get ready to zip up the front, the sack rides up to just below my knees.

I stand there momentarily, dazed, looking like a crazed, oxygen deprived penguin. I remained in that frightening outfit until half way through the night, when I woke up due to the lack of blood flow past my knees. At least I was warm!

Does anybody have a pair of battery powered socks they want to send me?

Aw, PLEASE post pics. I've got to see if the vision in my head is half as funny as the real thing ! :lol:

I found 4 two days ago. Nothing but rain and drizzle and near freezing temps since then, so I've stayed home....except for today when I went out and test drove some new Jeep Wranglers. Think I might buy one. Maybe. Can't decide if I really want to give up my Camry. Well, I started on topic, anyway! Think I covered a couple other threads since the first sentence here. I'll go away now. Bye. :lol:

with little holes on the outside corners for your feet to poke through. An unusual idea, but I'm always game for an adventure.

The holes at the bottom are a little snug, I suppose they're supposed to fit tightly around one's ankles.

You got scammed! It should be with "footies." No place for the feet to poke through! :lol:

Haven't cached in 2 weeks, feeling withdrawal. Last week the Portland (Oregon) area was incased in snow and freezing rain (not common, so the city pretty much shut down for a few days). Then my microbiology class started, and I have mandatory overtime at work for a few weeks. Today we went to the Humane Society and got a 4-mo female kitten to accompany our 21-mo male cat (yes, they're both fixed!). So far so good, but it's gonna take a while. Tomorrow I have to study BIGTIME, but we plan on going out to find one new cache not far from us. Next weekend we're going camping in the Central Oregon desert, and have WAY too many caches on our dockett. Can't wait! That should make up for the last couple of weeks!

--laurak of dasein

Edited by dasein

Oh sure, rub it in, we did NONE today. We're working overseas, and the plan was to be done by noon. Then, a quick roadtrip to Aachen, Germany - maybe an hour from where we are in Belgium. I had already picked out caches in Belgium, Holland, and Germany for the latter half of the day- but alas, we're still working and we only have maybe 30 minutes of daylight left, so nothing for us today. <sigh> :huh: