Logging A Travel Bug After Comment Deletion

geonate

I recently found and logged a travel bug. I later deleted my log in an attempt to redo the comment. The bug is no longer under my "found travel bugs" and I am unable to relog it. When I try to log the bug I am only allowed to "write a note". There is no longer an option to say that I have retrieved the bug. Can anyone tell me how to log this travel bug? I want to get it back out there as soon as possible.

I am unable to grab the bug. The only option I have under "type of log" is "write note", whereas normally there are other options like retrieve or grab. I did notice that when I go to log a visit at a random cache page I have the option to drop off the particular travel bug. This is strange because the TB is not listed as found/retrieved on my personal page or on the TB's page. Maybe I should should just post a note on the TB's link saying I have found it and try depositing it in another cache. What do you think?

The Travel Bug is named "Heeeeere's Johnny!" (TB9535). On the TB's page it says, "Recently Spotted: In the hands of geonate", but I am only able to select "Write Note" under Type of Log. For whatever reason the TB is not listed as found in my Travel Bugs Found area of My Cache Page.

I think at this point it would be best to have someone grab it from you and for you to grab it back. E-mail someone you trust with the number or ask the owner to grab it from you and then grab it back. Or, more usefully, contact Groundspeak via e-mail and see if an admin can so something similar.

Edited by bons

The bug's page does say: In the hands of.......(this means it is in your "inventory")....

Try placing it back into the cache you found it in......then, "grab" it again. You can do this by finding your log for that cache, and selecting "edit", then drop the bug by selecting it from the list near the bottom of the page....

Edited by jbhooker3

I wrote to Groundspeak about it a few days ago but they have not responded yet. I tried what you said jbhooker3, but no "drop" list appeared when I went to edit my log. I can drop off the bug, however, if I were to write a new note. (and then hopefully pick it up again.) Would this screw up the tracking distance or history of the bug? It may be best to just drop it off in another cache and log it. The bug may not appear in my personal "found travel bugs" section, but oh well. At least it's moving along. I could also try what bons suggested. Well, thanks for your help jbhooker3 and bons. I appreciate it.

Nate

I tried what you said jbhooker3, but no "drop" list appeared when I went to edit my log.  I can drop off the bug, however, if I were to write a new note.  (and then hopefully pick it up again.)  Would this screw up the tracking distance or history of the bug?

You cannot drop the bug in a cache by editing a previous log - you can only drop bugs with new notes or logs. You can write a new note for that cache dropping the bug, pick up the bug again from the same cache, and then delete that note (so it doesn't even have to clutter up the cache page). Dropping and re-removing the bug from the same cache shouldn't affect the bugs maps- but make sure and note what you're doing and why on the bug's page, so that the owner knows what's up.