-=saddam Cache=-

AmishHacker

Ok so I tried to make a spoof geocache page with the pictures....I am not at home so I do not have all my HTML tools So I had to post the Pics :unsure:

SPOILER CACHE LOCATION

835e77ad-987c-4e9d-9969-733ecf9d0c46.jpg

SPOILER CACHE BOX - With Original Contents

5525f025-93e0-4e27-b832-da6a17d593b2.jpg

FIRST FINDERS PRIZE

5b413e7e-328e-4ae0-b068-54f2e3180d41.jpg

What ya think?

Edited by AmishHacker
And you assume that everybody in the world supports the war in Iraq?

I would assume everyone in the world would support the removal of this brutal murderer from power....with the exception of a few thousand of his loyal Baathist butchers and a legion of peacenicks and appeasers who were content to sit by

and watch the torture chambers and mass graves filled with hundreds of thousands of innocent citizens, whose only "crime" might have been to say something that this guy didn't like.

Edited by briansnat

I would assume everyone in the world would support the removal of this brutal murderer from power....with the exception of a few thousand of his loyal Baathist butchers and a legion of peacenicks and appeasers who were content to sit by

and watch the toture rooms and mass graves filled with hundreds of thousands of innocent citizens, whose only "crime" might have been to say something that this guy didn't like.

Right on, Briansnat!!!! You nailed it right on the head!!! (As usual) :lol:

and watch the toture rooms and mass graves filled with hundreds of thousands of innocent citizens, whose only "crime" might have been to say something that this guy didn't like.

Brian,

Took the words right out of my mouth. Even if the first WMD is never found, it was and is a just war. Removing that butcher from power is plenty of justification. Well, judging from how hedberg represents his homeland, I must say Sweden is ranking right up there with France on my list of places not to travel. True, the opinion of one pinhead should not make me condemn an entire populace, but the whole of europe seems to be of this ilk, so...i'll paint in broad strokes...So, in the words of a famous swedish chef, "hoom de doom de doom, mork, mork mork"

I respect the people that post here (okay, 99.9995% of the people), but I feel that Hedberg has a right to voice an opinion like anyone else. In his post he asks a question that a lot of people have debated. He didn't state that he opposed the war, yet everyone jumped on him like he did.

I am concerned that we, as a country, are becoming very intolerant of dissent, or even the idea of dissent. Ever since the president said we should go into Iraq, anyone who disagreed has been labeled a peacenic, hippy, disloyal, bed-wetter, etc, etc. We got pissed at Canada, France, and Germany for disagreeing with us. Well, last time I checked those were Democracies where people debated and voted not to participate. I don't think we can expect the rest of the world to respect our decision if we cannot respect theirs.

For the record, I think we made some bad choices regarding Saddam back in the 80's (helping him against Iran- that old enemy-of-my-enemy-is -my-friend thing) and 90's (not rolling into Bagdad after the first Gulf War), and we're paying for it now. BTW, the Pentagon won't comment on how they got the cache approved.

and watch the torture chambers and mass graves filled with hundreds of thousands of innocent citizens, whose only "crime" might have been to say something that this guy didn't like.

Ok then. So where to next?

I must say Sweden is ranking right up there with France on my list of places not to travel.

Touché. Now they're really sorry there. :lol:

On topic: I was told the cache and the FTF price was something totally different, the whole reason the caching trip was organized for. Too bad no one seems to find it.

When do we go after Mugabe? You know, the guy who said he wanted to be a black Hitler? http://iafrica.com/news/worldnews/222165.htm

Of course, since he commits genocide against whites, that is considered a non-story.

It is funny how we excuse the Judeo-Nazis of Israel when they flagrantly assasinate people for pre-crimes...all based on some notion that "well, they just have to do that" or something along those lines. I doubt Saddam governed like an American politician, but he had to deal with the same sort that Israel has to deal with - did he not (being a secular leader). I think if you had the facts on the table, the reason we sacrificed American lives and put ourselves into debt is because he committed the unforgivable sin of not cow towing to Israel (which attacked his country unprovoked just like they are always stirring up trouble over there). When Israel says "jump" American politicians say "how high." It is sickening.

Edited by SamLowrey

Yes, of course, and this is why we went there in the first place. Last time I looked, the smoking gun was missing a mushroom cloud.

Oh, I think we (Americans) know that everyone doesn't support the liberation of freedom for the people of Iraq. Now, we Americans know which countries we can trust, we know which countries to visit on vacation, we know where to spend our money and we know which countries are afraid to stand up and oppose injustice.

And we Americans know which countries to go to find the best geocaches. :lol:

Neville Chamberlain had his supporters, and there are still people in the U.S that claim hitler and pol pot were good guys.

Fortunately, most of us are smarter than that.

And some of us have not studied history. Pol Pot and Saddam owed much of their rise to power from United States policies. Ultimately it was the Vietnamese who dealt the major blow to Pol Pot. Its hard to compare the threats posed by the industrial might of Nazi Germany to Saddam's barely out of the third world Iraq.

And this is all related to geocaching how?  Let's get off the political kick and back on topic, which was a topic that had already been done twice when the news was fresh and relevant.

Sparky - I'm down with that. Let's all go out geocaching and revel in the fact that there is a place called America where we can speak freely and debate issues. But this is the place where we talk about geocaching. Let's make it so.

P.S. - I do reserve the right to respond to off-topic threads at my own risk :lol:

Oh, I think we (Americans) know that everyone doesn't support the liberation of freedom for the people of Iraq.  Now, we Americans know which countries we can trust, we know which countries to visit on vacation, we know where to spend our money and we know which countries are afraid to stand up and oppose injustice.
Ah sure, and I know (I won't say a thing about what my countrymen and- women know, they can speak for themselves) some people believe that if it's well-meant it justifies everything, I know everyone doesn't support a fair trial for prisoners, and I know some people generalize everything by nationality, and I know well enough it's ludicrously abstract to 'trust some country', and I know no one gives a fudge where I go on vacation and how much I spend my feeble funds there, and I know I oppose injustice too.

And I know this thread will be closed. :wub:

And we Americans know which countries to go to find the best geocaches. :wub:
That I don't know (as a Finn :lol: ). I probably should travel even more.
Ah sure, and I know (I won't say a thing about what my countrymen and- women know, they can speak for themselves) some people believe that if it's well-meant it justifies everything, I know everyone doesn't support a fair trial for prisoners, and I know some people generalize everything by nationality, and I know well enough it's ludicrously abstract to 'trust some country', and I know no one gives a fudge where I go on vacation and how much I spend my feeble funds there, and I know I oppose injustice too.

And I know this thread will be closed. :lol:

Bock, bock, bock!!! (the sound a chicken makes). Some of the folks across the Atlantic (trying not to generalize too much) are very good at making chicken sounds. :wub:

edit - spelling

Edited by clearpath
At least not all of them don't emphasize it by wearing feathers in their avatars. :wub:

Hey, those aren't chicken feathers!!! I earned those EAGLE feathers by scalping innocent Europeans (mostly) migrating from the eastern seaboard (in America) to the Western plains. :lol: Chicken feathers, huh!!! :wub::D

edit - added a couple of smiley faces to help lighten the mood.

Edited by clearpath

I didn't know Bush was a geocacher. So that's why he sent our army there. To be FTF! I guess the loss of sons, fathers, loved ones and $87 billion dollars was worth it then. Here's the rest of my dimes worth; Afganistan, necessary and just, Iran, I disagree with the war. (Let me add here, that I am 100% behind our soldiers. They do their job and put their butts on the line. I respect that.) It's interesting that we don't bother with attrocities in Africa or the "poor areas" that every city in America has. Since France, Canada, and much of Euroupe disagree with us, let's invade them. "Might makes right." Doesn't it?

I respect the people that post here (okay, 99.9995% of the people), but I feel that Hedberg has a right to voice an opinion like anyone else. In his post he asks a question that a lot of people have debated. He didn't state that he opposed the war, yet everyone jumped on him like he did.

I am concerned that we, as a country, are becoming very intolerant of dissent, or even the idea of dissent. Ever since the president said we should go into Iraq, anyone who disagreed has been labeled a peacenic, hippy, disloyal, bed-wetter, etc, etc. We got pissed at Canada, France, and Germany for disagreeing with us. Well, last time I checked those were Democracies where people debated and voted not to participate. I don't think we can expect the rest of the world to respect our decision if we cannot respect theirs.

For the record, I think we made some bad choices regarding Saddam back in the 80's (helping him against Iran- that old enemy-of-my-enemy-is -my-friend thing) and 90's (not rolling into Bagdad after the first Gulf War), and we're paying for it now. BTW, the Pentagon won't comment on how they got the cache approved.

I'm not going to voice my "opinion" one way or another. We are a group of geocachers. However, on the topic of being intollerant.... there is no excuse for anyone in America to be ignorant of the facts. Check out .. http://www.prophetofdoom.net/

You'll get a quick education of what the world of unrest is REALLY all about......maybe we all should be a bit more intollerant.

Bock, bock, bock!!! (the sound a chicken makes). Some of the folks across the Atlantic (trying not to generalize too much) are very good at making chicken sounds. :wub:

That is just too mature. :lol:

hehehehe ... you are right. But how many times do you get the chance to spell "bock, bock, bock" in a sentence? :wub: Also, it sounded better than, "nanny, nanny, boo, boo". :D

That is just too mature. :lol:

hehehehe ... you are right. But how many times do you get the chance to spell "bock, bock, bock" in a sentence? :D Also, it sounded better than, "nanny, nanny, boo, boo". :D

Yeh, I can sympathize with your dilemma. That would have been a tough choice for me, too. :wub:

I am concerned that we, as a country, are becoming very intolerant of dissent, or even the idea of dissent. Ever since the president said we should go into Iraq, anyone who disagreed has been labeled a peacenic, hippy, disloyal, bed-wetter, etc, etc. ...

No, we must be in total agreement with Bush in removing Saddam because he was a brutal dictator that did not allow dissent!

Oh boy. I don't want to express a political view because that changes from day to day. But I can't help myself. I certainly support our troops because I appreciate them and want them to be safe. But support the initial idea of Iraq intervention? I don't know. Darn if I can't help but think of Tariq, my father's grad student years ago, who is an Iraqi citizen and back there now, and who told me neat stories about his country when I was child. Where is he now (in Bagdad last we knew)? Knowing it could hurt Tariq or based on other general beliefs I have, do I agree with the intervention? Sometimes yes. Others, no. I am my usual wishy washy self there. What I feel comfortable saying is that I see the idea that the initial post intended and it is an amusing spoof in a way. Yet, as much as I agree that a brutal person should be captured and respect the people who captured him, I am uncomfortable with a picture that blurs the captor's face, yet leaves the captee's face in full focus. OK, he is a horrible and unhumane dictator, but he is still a person. I subscribe to several things: (1) treat people as you would like to be treated, and; (2) don't stoop to an equal or lower level than others. I thought there was at least initially a policy against showing the faces of captives?

Whoa... Carleen got political and posted as such without ever mentioning caching. I'll understand if I get warned! I likely deserve it. :lol:

Edited to correct gramar speling and pucuatn. :wub:

Edited by carleenp
I respect the people that post here (okay, 99.9995% of the people), but I feel that Hedberg has a right to voice an opinion like anyone else.  In his post he asks a question that a lot of people have debated.  He didn't state that he opposed the war, yet everyone jumped on him like he did.

I am concerned that we, as a country, are becoming very intolerant of dissent, or even the idea of dissent.  Ever since the president said we should go into Iraq, anyone who disagreed has been labeled a peacenic, hippy, disloyal, bed-wetter, etc, etc.  We got pissed at Canada, France, and Germany for disagreeing with us.  Well, last time  I checked those were Democracies where people debated and voted not to participate.  I don't think we can expect the rest of the world to respect our decision if we cannot respect theirs.

For the record, I think we made some bad choices regarding Saddam back in the 80's (helping him against Iran- that old enemy-of-my-enemy-is -my-friend thing) and 90's (not rolling into Bagdad after the first Gulf War), and we're paying for it now.  BTW, the Pentagon won't comment on how they got the cache approved.

I'm not going to voice my "opinion" one way or another. We are a group of geocachers. However, on the topic of being intollerant.... there is no excuse for anyone in America to be ignorant of the facts. Check out .. http://www.prophetofdoom.net/

You'll get a quick education of what the world of unrest is REALLY all about......maybe we all should be a bit more intollerant.

So how does that website explain us and the acts committed in the name of Christianity? How does this explain Saddam Huessien? It doesn't. Saddam was a secular leader, so you cannot explain him with some interpretation of Islam.

You are very right, there is no excuse for any American to be ignorant of the facts. Study history and read the Quran for yourself. What would the Bible look like if someone dissected it?

So, does anyone know when the funerals are scheduled for the moderators? It would appear as if they have all died and vanished from the face of the earth.

If they responded would someone start a thread complaining about how the MOD's are interjecting their views by how/when they curb this train wreck.

(Hey, I think we're off topic, Quick lock this now!!)