My Wife...

My wife and caching. She doesn't cache herself but since she likes hiking and she isn't against caching being a part of a family hike. As for supporting my caching she is absolutely wonderful :bad:. She is the one that saw the article on caching, showed it to me and said this looks like fun :unsure:. She often recommends locations that might make a nice hide spot and is always on the look-out for cool containers to use for caches.

She just recently came back from a trip to the dollar store with a package of 16 little pencil sharpeners and said they looked like something that would be useful in caches and especially that micro I recently hid.

Do you all have supporting family members or do they just give you that look like they are about to book you a stay in a rubber room?

Do you all have supporting family members...?

Yes. My dog. Just kidding my wife, well it's not that she supports as much as she puts up with it. In the beginning she was very into it, but as I got more obsessed like so many of you she started to loose interest. Plus add the ridiculous weather in NY and she wants nothing to do with it. I think once the weather breaks she'll get back into it again. I hope. She's cool to hang out with. At least Bella still gets excited about going. Although I think I did catch her rolling her eyes once or twice.

What I find interesting is that you said your wife doesn't cache. But she showed the idea to you, pointed out containers, and bought pencil sharpeners. With all that, surely she would like to cache too?!?! :unsure:

Anyway, My boyfriend and son cache, but mainly because I got them into it. I am definitely more into it than they are. They are also not "outdoorsy" like I am, so I try to reserve those long hike caches for times when they are not around. They don't like those much and I see no reason to drag them along and make them unhappy or make myself unhappy by hearing complaining about it. Regardless, they seem OK with my "outdoorsy" nature and so far I can live with thier "couch potato" nature!

My husband is in the military and is currently in Korea on an unaccompanied tour. I got into geocaching right before he left. He went to two with me and said it was a lot of fun. Every day he calls me and he always asks if I went out caching. :unsure:

He said when he gets back he wants to start going with me because he had a lot of fun. He'll be back for the month of July so I am going to revisit some of the great caches I previously found by myself but take him along. I'll let him find it on his own and sign the log. He has created an account here so he can log his own caches once he gets back.

He is going to look into getting his own GPS over in Korea so he can find some caches over there on his weekends. :bad:

My husband is in the military and is currently in Korea on an unaccompanied tour. I got into geocaching right before he left. He went to two with me and said it was a lot of fun. Every day he calls me and he always asks if I went out caching. :unsure:

He said when he gets back he wants to start going with me because he had a lot of fun. He'll be back for the month of July so I am going to revisit some of the great caches I previously found by myself but take him along. I'll let him find it on his own and sign the log. He has created an account here so he can log his own caches once he gets back.

He is going to look into getting his own GPS over in Korea so he can find some caches over there on his weekends. :bad:

Was that supposed to be sad? Cause now I'm depressed. See what you did. How long has he been there? Does he leave again after July? Got a tissue?

I'm lucky in that my wife loves to hike and enjoys geocaching. Friday nights she'll often ask me "what caches do you have picked out for us for tomorrow?". The weather isn't a deterrent either. Last week we had planned to go hiking/cache hunting on Saturday. We woke up that day and it was -3 (F) outside. She came down to breakfast and said, "Did you decide where we're going" and I informed her of the temperature. She said "I've been looking forward to this all week, we're not staying home". Fine with me! Hey, that's why I married her in the first place.

Edited by briansnat
Brian your're lucky and better take your better half out for a nice dinner

Well she's working and I'm not, so she's the one who takes me out for dinner. But I do get up and start her car in the morning, so it's nice and warm for her, make her coffee...and shovel out the driveway if she has to get out and I've been known to clean the toilets...

Brian your're lucky and better take your better half out for a nice dinner

Well she's working and I'm not, so she's the one who takes me out for dinner. But I do get up and start her car in the morning, so it's nice and warm for her, make her coffee...and shovel out the driveway if she has to get out and I've been known to clean the toilets...

Wow! I wanna marry you myself!

My wife tolerates it and sometimes even encourages it. She enjoys going on some easy ones during good weather, but definitely no bushwhacking or major hikes. She knows how much I enjoy this so for Christmas, she conspired with our nephew and hid all of my gifts. When I opened all of my packages, all that was in them was slips of paper with coordinates on them. Had a great Christmas day finding 5 caches that I can not even log.

I also have two daughters that cache with me on occasion.

I'm quite thankful for my wife's tolerance of this sport. Particularly over the past week when I became obsessed with a variant of the game.

For that matter, I have to say the spouses of the recent geo-hot potato game players were all extremely tolerant of our behavior and I want to personally thank them for letting us be kids again. :unsure:

(Oh dang... there I go again... being mushy. I gotta quit that before I explode.)

Ani is great, but there are some differences between us.

She likes multis WAY more than I do. Traditionals, virtuals and reverse are fine with both of us. We also both hate micros, evil micro hiding people, STOP IT!

I'm the printer of caches and logger of finds. She navigates in the car. I usually navigate on foot and she usually finds the cache first once we get near it. We do keep a journal. A hand written and unfiltered version of our caching experiences that we both write in. (kinda nice to say what you REALLY feel about caches, yes I mean you evil micro hider people. :unsure: )

So yes, she supports me 110%. I Love you Ani! Your love is a swag filled ammo box in a field of micros. :bad:

Hey! Geopoetry, sweet!

PS- Evil micro hiding people, STOP IT! :(:(

PSS - Kinda funny to read these posts like they where about another adult activity.

My wife and caching. She doesn't cache herself but since she likes hiking and she isn't against caching being a part of a family hike. As for supporting my caching she is absolutely wonderful :wub:. She is the one that saw the article on caching, showed it to me and said this looks like fun :D. She often recommends locations that might make a nice hide spot and is always on the look-out for cool containers to use for caches.

She just recently came back from a trip to the dollar store with a package of 16 little pencil sharpeners and said they looked like something that would be useful in caches and especially that micro I recently hid.

Do you all have supporting family members or do they just give you that look like they are about to book you a stay in a rubber room?

I have to do this, please forgive me. :lol:

My wife and F'ing. She doesn't F herself but since she likes hiking and she isn't against Fing being a part of a family hike. As for supporting my Fing she is absolutely wonderful :wub:. She is the one that saw the article on Fing, showed it to me and said this looks like fun :D. She often recommends locations that might make a nice hide spot and is always on the look-out for cool containers to use for F.

She just recently came back from a trip to the dollar store with a package of 16 little pencil sharpeners and said they looked like something that would be useful in FS and especially that micro I recently hid.

My wife and caching.  She doesn't cache herself but since she likes hiking and she isn't against caching being a part of a family hike.  As for supporting my caching she is absolutely wonderful :D.  She is the one that saw the article on caching, showed it to me and said this looks like fun :D.    She often recommends locations that might make a nice hide spot and is always on the look-out for cool containers to use for caches.

I have to do this, please forgive me. :wub:

My wife and F'ing. She doesn't F herself but since she likes hiking and she isn't against Fing being a part of a family hike. As for supporting my Fing she is absolutely wonderful :D. She is the one that saw the article on Fing, showed it to me and said this looks like fun :D. She often recommends locations that might make a nice hide spot and is always on the look-out for cool containers to use for F.

She just recently came back from a trip to the dollar store with a package of 16 little pencil sharpeners and said they looked like something that would be useful in FS and especially that micro I recently hid.

:lol: Hmmm. I F'ing will have to think about it.

OK I have decided .... I am still thinking. :wub:

[ will that get a warning? I am still new to this ]

My wife only goes on the easy caches. One to many trips with Renegade Knight and myself doing the 14 hour marathon caching cured her of that. She really likes to shop the best so my bag of goodies is always full. Renegade Knight is still trying to train his wife for that part but with no success... :lol:

Edited by Night Stalker
What I find interesting is that you said your wife doesn't cache. But she showed the idea to you, pointed out containers, and bought pencil sharpeners. With all that, surely she would like to cache too?!?!  :lol:

Anyway, My boyfriend and son cache, but mainly because I got them into it. I am definitely more into it than they are. They are also not "outdoorsy" like I am, so I try to reserve those long hike caches for times when they are not around. They don't like those much and I see no reason to drag them along and make them unhappy or make myself unhappy by hearing complaining about it. Regardless, they seem OK with my "outdoorsy" nature and so far I can live with thier "couch potato" nature!

She really like the outdoors as I do. I think it is the techno part of it. Nine years ago when I started mountain biking and was going all the time she bought me a $1500 full suspension bike and then started using my old bike. In no time she to had a real nice new bike and now we get our every chance possible. She even joined in a 24-hour team relay mountain bike race the year after I did one because she thought it sounded like fun.

So for her the caching thing is fun but only when added to hiking or biking and all she has to do id tag along and when at the spot help search for it. She just doesn't have the desire to operate the GPS'r.

don't have a wife yet so I'll pick on my mom:

she hates it

despises it

says its dangerous and it takes up all my free time

she also suggests that I find some when we go on vacation

whats up with that? :lol:

Hey - that sounds like my wife. She thinks that it is the most geeky hobby... (other than my ham radio hobby - she is convinced I am trying to talk to Martians). Can't stand it, won't do it, doesn't think I should, etc...

To make matters worse a local newspaper did a story on the habby and me that painted me in a bad light.

In a nutshell, she thinks I am a nutcase. Keep in mind, we have a wonderful relationship, and do lots of things together. We have been married for 18 years, but this is another one of those things... she knows to stay away... :wub:

don't have a wife yet so I'll pick on my mom:

she hates it

despises it

says its dangerous and it takes up all my free time

she also suggests that I find some when we go on vacation

whats up with that?  :lol:

Hey - that sounds like my wife. She thinks that it is the most geeky hobby... (other than my ham radio hobby - she is convinced I am trying to talk to Martians). Can't stand it, won't do it, doesn't think I should, etc...

To make matters worse a local newspaper did a story on the habby and me that painted me in a bad light.

In a nutshell, she thinks I am a nutcase. Keep in mind, we have a wonderful relationship, and do lots of things together. We have been married for 18 years, but this is another one of those things... she knows to stay away... :wub:

Apparently the reporter of that article thinks it is a "most geeky hobby."

I work in local government and learned along time ago not to talk to reporters as they simply cannot be trusted.

Was that supposed to be sad? Cause now I'm depressed. See what you did. How long has he been there? Does he leave again after July? Got a tissue?

LOL! No, it wasn't supposed to be sad. It's just the truth. It's just one of those things you have to deal with when you're a military family.

He left Jan 4th. He will be back for the month of July and then he goes back to Korea until January of 2005.

But the good news is he doesn't have to do another unaccompanied tour after this. So where ever he gets stationed after this, me and the cats can tag along. :lol:

I'm lucky in that my wife loves to hike and enjoys geocaching. Friday nights she'll often ask me "what caches do you have picked out for us for tomorrow?". The weather isn't a deterrent either. Last week we had planned to go hiking/cache hunting on Saturday. We woke up that day and it was -3 (F) outside. She came down to breakfast and said, "Did you decide where we're going" and I informed her of the temperature. She said "I've been looking forward to this all week, we're not staying home". Fine with me! Hey, that's why I married her in the first place.

Ah yes.....and I found the other woman in America who likes caching!! Brian and I apparently got the only two from what I've read to far. Anyway, today was +3 F and snowing hard. Wife and I went out and waded through 14 inches of snow for 5 hours! Had a ball.....got wet, hungry, and cold.....but in the end, we both had smiles and memories. My wife is as rabid about it as I am....and loves the challenge. I only wish we had more time to do this together. It is definettly something we'll be doing together for a long time to come!

But the good news is he doesn't have to do another unaccompanied tour after this. So where ever he gets stationed after this, me and the cats can tag along.

3 cats and a dog here. Be prepared for the cats to freak. But they will get over it! Plus, the amusment of seeing cats in a strange house is worth it all (well, to the people, likely not to the cats)! Somehow, dogs tend to be unfazed by a move.

Hoping to see you at a NM/CO event in May!

:lol:

I am woman hear me roar!!! :lol:

We geocache as a family, but I'm the one who plans the caching trips and prints out all the caches. Since we ALL like to play with the GPS we take our turns with each cache as to who puts in the coordinates etc.

I'm the one who is trying to drag everyone to go caching:). I have a special birthday cache planned for hubbies birthday but *shuushhh*.. he don't know it yet and he thankfully doesn't read the forums :wub: So I would safely say I'm the one who likes geocaching the most:).

I work a odd hours in the a retail store......... No not Walmart but the "See Spot Save Store aka Target. So there has been many times I couldn't go out with Ironman. I know it makes him feel bad that he goes and fines the some of the caches that are easy. Easy as in a not a all up hill walk or climbing over huge rocks. I have some health issues and Ironman doesn't want to harm me in anyway. But sometimes I'm up to the challenge and will go a difficult cache with him. It makes me feel better that I might still have it in me.

I know I'm new to posting things on Geocahching pages and I make some really stupid mistakes sometimes but I finally learned that there is a edit button. DUH!!!!!! I guess I'm still a little tadpole when it comes to posting.

Edited by IronMaiden