Memphis Area Cito On April 17

bitbrain

Ok MidSouth folks, it is time for the Disorganization of Memphis Area Geocachers to decide upon a park to detrash for the 2004 CITO day.

Areas to consider (add others if you want):

Herb Parsons Lake - plenty of trash despite having trash bags stocked in many of the caches there.

Shelby Farms - not really a lot of trash out there when you consider it's heavy use.

Germantown Greenway Park - the one where Mingatushka's Treasure is.

Post your thoughts or e-mail me if you'd rather not be a poster.

I won't be able to do a Saturday. :unsure:

I won't vote.

Jamie

What? You're working Saturdays again? D'oh! How 'bout Sunday? We could skip the official day and do our CITO on the official weekend. I don't have a problem with that.

Hmmm... Lemme check my weekend on-call schedule. Yeah. I don't have a problem with that Sunday.

Bitbrain,

I have a suggestion for another area that needs alot of attention. The area around Lakeview. For those who have done the Cache: View of the Lake (A new and Better View) Waypoint: GCBE98. This place is really trashed, it needs to be cleaned up soon. I don't think we would want to do it in warmer weather because of the snake population that abounds here.

Bugman says he knows the trashy areas of Shelby Farms. :huh:

It looks like we have more people leaning toward Herb Parsons. That would be the easiest for me, since it's closest to home, but I'll throw my vote behind Shelby Farms if we can be productive out there.

The logic behind my choice is that we already have 2 caches (Herbie #1 and Herbie #2) set up specifically for trashing out at Herb Parsons. If people would just go hunt them -you know you could use the exercise- quite a bit of trash could be removed on a regular basis.

Discussion is still open.

I've never been to Herb Parsons Lake, but I'll go clean up wherever. I think that date will work. :mad:

Chris & Cindy - did you guys ever notice you joined precisely one year after Bitbrain?

<---------What's that warn 0% business next to my name?

Edited by Amphimixus
I've never been to Herb Parsons Lake, but I'll go clean up wherever. I think that date will work. :mad:

Chris & Cindy - did you guys ever notice you joined precisely one year after Bitbrain?

Some people have a penchant for getting a little out of hand in the forums and need to be warned from time to time. :mad: That's what the Warn % is for...

I'll probably submit the CITO Event Cache next weekend. Y'all make your preferences known...

I've never been to Herb Parsons Lake, but I'll go clean up wherever.  I think that date will work. B)

Some people have a penchant for getting a little out of hand in the forums and need to be warned from time to time. B) That's what the Warn % is for...

I'll probably submit the CITO Event Cache next weekend. Y'all make your preferences known...

Hey, Whats with mentioning me and warn % in the same thread? I know nothing!!!! I was framed...all those times. :D

We could always have it in the area of Bitbrains 4x4 cache and my Nightime cache.

It's could be the first nightime CITO! B)

Well that area could use some cleaning up, but I'm not hauling out any deer carcus. Yuk!! :unsure:

I'm planning on hitting your nightime cache when the weather gets a little warmer, so don't archive it just yet...

We could always have it in the area of Bitbrains 4x4 cache and my Nightime cache.

It's could be the first nightime CITO! B)

...but the Wolf River just keeps on bringing in all the flotsam from Fayette County and dumping it under the bridge... I think the two recent floods have washed away the deer and duck carcasses but deposited a whole new array of interesting items. :unsure:

Seriously, though, you can expect to see an event posted in the next couple of days.

Hey, I know this cool park in Jackson that really needs . . . . oh nevermind.

Having grown up in Jackson, I would take that as.......the truth

I thought about doing some Jackson caches when I go up there to visit family, but I will probably stay away from Muse -- when people call it shady, they're NOT referring to the trees......

For anyone who is interested and hasn't found the cache page yet, here's a link MidSouth CITO ver 2.0.

Ok. I guess that was just an excuse to bump this thread up the list a little. :lol:

I'm really hoping we get some of the local cachers I haven't met involved. I've read some great logs from some of these folks.

Cavepeople's log on SoupNazi's DVD Cache is quite humorous.

I'v met the famous worldtraveler, but he's a mystery to most locals. He really does exist...

Stitchmonster is one of only two finders of Marooned. Hopefully, we'll get to meet the Stitch & the family.

This is just a short list. There are many more new (and some quite prolific) cachers who I'd really like to have join in the fun.

I thought about doing some Jackson caches when I go up there to visit family, but I will probably stay away from Muse -- when people call it shady, they're NOT referring to the trees......

The Multicache in Muse Park is worth doing. Just stay aware of your surroundings.

Ok...Ok...Ok...Ok... I know Already!.... :smile: Being from Memphis I had no idea about what went on there. I picked it from a list of parks in Jackson I found on the internet. <-- (No not from those sites... get your mind out of the gutter) This was one of the only that had some woods for hiding a multi cache. If I had known I wouldn't of put it there. Doh!

Nobody has hit it in a really long time anyway. I just might archive it.

The Multicache in Muse Park is worth doing. Just stay aware of your surroundings.

Ok...Ok...Ok...Ok... I know Already!.... :huh: Being from Memphis I had no idea about what went on there. I picked it from a list of parks in Jackson I found on the internet. <-- (No not from those sites... get your mind out of the gutter) This was one of the only that had some woods for hiding a multi cache. If I had known I wouldn't of put it there. Doh!

Get Bartster to check on it.

Alright, folks! I'm considering contacting the media to see if we can get some more positive press for our CITO effort. I'd hate to look like some kind of loser with a handfull of people Trashing Out in the country's largest urban park. Are we gonna have a good turn-out for the event? 20+ people? Sure would be cool...

Call your caching pals and build some interest! OK? Most of the cachers in the area don't participate on the boards. I know we won't have as many participants as the March of Dimes Walk America event, but we should still be able to represent ourselves well. ;)

I'll have at least 5 people. How many are you bringing?

Alright, folks! I'm considering contacting the media to see if we can get some more positive press for our CITO effort. I'd hate to look like some kind of loser with a handfull of people Trashing Out in the country's largest urban park. Are we gonna have a good turn-out for the event? 20+ people? Sure would be cool...

Call your caching pals and build some interest! OK? Most of the cachers in the area don't participate on the boards. I know we won't have as many participants as the March of Dimes Walk America event, but we should still be able to represent ourselves well. ;)

I'll have at least 5 people. How many are you bringing?

We will be there.

It's becoming possible that I could attend in the morning.

I have been working later on Saturday than usual lately, so if that happens to occur on April 17, I might could make it for a couple hours.

I'd sure like to participate, as I haven't been a big part of the do-something-for-the-community aspect of geocaching.

Jamie

Ok...Ok...Ok...Ok... I know Already!.... :D Being from Memphis I had no idea about what went on there. I picked it from a list of parks in Jackson I found on the internet. <-- (No not from those sites... get your mind out of the gutter) This was one of the only that had some woods for hiding a multi cache. If I had known I wouldn't of put it there. Doh!

Get Bartster to check on it.

I'll check on it soon. Although spring time probably isn't the best time to check it out. I should have checked it in sub-freezing weather. :o