Cvc Newbies

StashSeeker

Greetings Stashseeker and any other CVC Newbie's. Welcome to CVC (aka, Central Valley Cachers). Please feel free to log this or any other local topic on the CVC thread.

I've never heard of a ''hitchhiker postcard.'' Since ''hitchhiker'' is another term for a travel bug. All I can guess is someone wants postcards about their TB's Travels. Where did you come up with the combind term? :unsure:

Edited by Green Achers
Glad to see I'm not the only new guy in the area. I started on 10-6-03, when my wife bought me a garmin gpsr for my birthday. Just logged my 50th find, including a few in Manteca. Maybe I'll see you some day when we are both trying to get that FTF. :blink:

Hi richtgt, yes I've noticed you've made appearances in Manteca. Unfortunately you've missed my hides. hehe

I see you are from Stockton, that was my stomping grounds. I was born and raised in North Stockton, however, it looks nothing like the town I grew up in. I lived in the area of Davis Road and Thornton when it was farmland. Enjoyed a picnic with Paul Newman when he filmed "Cool Hand Luke" in that area.

Hopefully the CVC cachers will have an event soon where we can all meet. Only cacher I've met was one that I happened across struggling with one of my hides.

Enjoyed a picnic with Paul Newman when he filmed "Cool Hand Luke" in that area.

You are really showing your age stashseeker. I was just a kid when that was filmed. Some of my dad's CHP co-workers were extras in that movie. By the way, you just beat me to "Fading History". My son and I found it today at 1:05.

You are really showing your age stashseeker. I was just a kid when that was filmed. Some of my dad's CHP co-workers were extras in that movie. By the way, you just beat me to "Fading History". My son and I found it today at 1:05.

I was 16! The picnic wasn't candle lit by any means. My sister and I were horseback riding. We stopped at the edge of Little Bear Creek, threw out a blanket and had our lunch. Paul Newman arrived on set, saw us, came over and sat with us and ate pork n beans right out of the can, LOL From that day on we had GREAT seats to watch the filming.

Ackkkkk, I'm sorry I beat you to the cache. Okay....kinda/sorta. LOL.We missed one another by 35 minutes. Thank you though for the congrats!!

Hopefully the CVC cachers will have an event soon where we can all meet. Only cacher I've met was one that I happened across struggling with one of my hides.

Sounds like the makings for a Cool Cache! FTF prize... the DVD. What are those coordinates? ;)

As far as a CVC gathering, it is time. No one's posting anything on the CVC thread yet. You're more than welcome to do so to inquire.

I went to the BADGES gathering last night. It was a long drive but I really wanted to hunt a few puzzle caches over there as CVC is not big into them. The next BADGES Dinner is in two months and will be in Pleasanton. I'm planning to attend as it's close enough.

FTF??? Watermark cache is still unhunted. It's another adventure cache like Get The Point?