Enough Is Enough

Moroni

It seems to me that we are getting overhwhelmed with Virtual caches. I realize that there are some areas where there is no choice, but the spirit of CACHING is finding a CACHE, and it is more fun for the family. I have found that most virtual cache sites will support a physical cache in the area. Many of the virtual sites are monuments that are allready listed and identified in the public media. I like Geocaching, because it takes me to the places not frequented or known by the everyday tourist.

I see you've been around for quite a while, so you're not a troll, but you obviously haven't visited the forums much if you make a statement like this one.

A quick forum search on virtual caches will turn up pages of discussion regarding this subject. Most of them excoriating GC.COM for their policy of limiting the placement of virtual caches.

You will be happy to learn then, that the guidelines for virtuals were changed almost a year ago and now its quite difficult to get one approved. The current guidelines are that 1-It is not possible to place a real cache at the site, and 2-The site has to be of significant interest (the WOW! factor).

Edited by briansnat
It seems to me that we are getting overhwhelmed with Virtual caches.  I realize that there are some areas where there is no choice, but the spirit of CACHING is finding a CACHE, and it is more fun for the family.  I have found that most virtual cache sites will support a physical cache in the area.  Many of the virtual sites are monuments that are allready listed and identified in the public media.  I like Geocaching, because it takes me to the places not frequented or known by the everyday tourist.

I completely agree. We should restrict virtuals to the point that everyone complains when theirs isn't approved. They should plan to move them to another area, like benchmarks are now, but wait a long time before doing so. That way everyone that likes virtuals will go somewhere else or learn to like caching for what it was intended to be B)

edit:spelling

Edited by Team GPSaxophone
...I like Geocaching, because it takes me to the places not frequented or known by the everyday tourist.

Nothing about virtual caches has to violate what you like any more than a traditional cache in a walmart parking lot fits the reasons you cache.

This site works hard to make the virtuals that do get approved meet the quality citeria that you mention. Because of that new virtuals should actually give you a 'better WOW experience' that the traditionals that are being approved.

Of cours some people just don't like virtuals and I have a sneaking suspicion that you are one of them.

...I like Geocaching, because it takes me to the places not frequented or known by the everyday tourist.

Nothing about virtual caches has to violate what you like any more than a traditional cache in a walmart parking lot fits the reasons you cache.

This site works hard to make the virtuals that do get approved meet the quality citeria that you mention. Because of that new virtuals should actually give you a 'better WOW experience' that the traditionals that are being approved.

Of cours some people just don't like virtuals and I have a sneaking suspicion that you are one of them.

Eloquently put. I shall defer to your well said explanation.

Yes, this was my first forums adventure, ever. I should have taken the time to explore a little and I would have found out that virtual caches is a time worn subject. B) At least I found out that I am not alone in my feelings.

I hope this experience does not deter you from future posting endeavors. We're happy to have you here.

Well virtuals are nearly dead right? There are caches we all enjoy and types of caches some of us don't. For example I am not into puzzle caches. I won't do one, ever. I just don't like them. But....... I will not run off into the forums listing all my problems and concerns with puzzle caches. After all I know many cachers really enjoy them a lot.

Some of us really enjoy virtuals. I did one today that really gave me a laugh and I know it wouldn't be approved today. I honestly haven't a clue what you're complaining about? They are basically dead in the water with few exceptions.

Now back to your cartoons. B)

Edited by Lazyboy & Mitey Mite