Ammo Cans

I've gotten cans from cheaperthandirt.com & ebay. I recently found a place locally that sells the 50 cal cans for the same price a CTD.com and there's no shipping. Try to find a local army surplus store, maybe you can strike a deal for buying bulk. If not CTD.com is the way to go.

Since I live just down the road from CBN I'll pipe up here. I've been getting ammo cans from an army surplus/paintball place just north of Moss Landing. Unfortunately (or maybe not so depending on your point of view) the smallest ammo cans they have are pretty large. Not very discreet, but roomy. The cans are used (and they look it), so I usually apply a coat of camo paint (you can also buy there) to dress it up. I have a rather permanent stain on the grass in my back yard from all the camo paint I've been using B)

Edited by Touchstone

CBN/Touchstone,

If you guys make it over to San Jose/Campbell check out "Mountian View" on Bascom. They have lots of ammo cans, pretty cheap, and great stuff for caches.

In the past, I've found waterproof matches for $.15 and bags of military patches for $1.99.

(Hmm, did I just let the cat out of the bag that I don't trade up when leaving a box of $.15 waterproof matches?) :unsure: