$30,000

Criminal

Jeeps are okay if you don't have a Land Cruiser. :)

Soon these will be available:

112_det03gal_toyfj1_l.jpg

Based on what is possiably the most popular 4X4 in the world. I'm holding out waiting for mine. :)

I don't think the doors or roof come off either.

I can't find anything on the Jeep site about when the scrambler will be available.

EDIT: Clarity

Edited by Criminal

I can't find anything on the Jeep site about when the scrambler will be available.

We were talking about that at the last Cruiser club meeting. The general feeling is they will have to add removable top and doors if they want to compete. Probably just wishfull thinking. :)

We were talking about that at the last Cruiser club meeting. The general feeling is they will have to add removable top and doors if they want to compete. Probably just wishfull thinking. :)

I'm sure they want to compete, but not with Jeep. They want to compete with all the other candyassed SUVs that pretend to be off-roaders. My lat car was a Toyota Terdcell that cost me -$10, yes, that’s minus ten bucks. (I got the car for free and found a ten spot behind the dash.) Anyway, the car was tiny. It was scary riding alongside the monstrous SUVs driven by tiny ladies who couldn’t see over the doors.

I'm sure they want to compete, but not with Jeep. They want to compete with all the other candyassed SUVs that pretend to be off-roaders.

Sad but probably true. If I had to buy a new off road ride it would be a jeep. The thing is a 30 old landcruiser would cost less to get trail ready than a new Jeep. They come with a solid front axle, really beefy axles, virtuall indestructable tranny and transfer case, way over engineered oil and cooling capacity, and if thats not enough they usually have enough body rust through that you don't worry about the little dings. :)

I'm sure they want to compete, but not with Jeep.  They want to compete with all the other candyassed SUVs that pretend to be off-roaders.

Sad but probably true. If I had to buy a new off road ride it would be a jeep. The thing is a 30 old landcruiser would cost less to get trail ready than a new Jeep. They come with a solid front axle, really beefy axles, virtuall indestructable tranny and transfer case, way over engineered oil and cooling capacity, and if thats not enough they usually have enough body rust through that you don't worry about the little dings. :)

Here's one for $8K right in my town. Wish I had the money, these are highly desirable.

00338704601.jpg

My Cache-Mobile collection :

For the toughest trails, the 01' TJ (Heavily Modified) :

redwheelin.jpg

For the street, and winter driving, The 04'Ram,Hemi,4x4,Quad Cab

snowram2.jpg

For the warm sunny days on the street, my 03' Honda VTX1300

jeeepin.jpg

mine's actually Candy Red, but I really like this photograph

I also use a Marin (Titanium) Mountainbike when I'm feeling energetic

Edited by JoeyTomato
OK, I need a new Xterra and they run about $30K.  The fastest way I can gather this amount of money is if you all send it to me.  As I see it, there are four main possibilities:

1. 30,000 people send me $1 each.  Not likely as there aren’t 30,000 people here reading this.

2. 1000 people send me $30 each.  That’s a reasonable number of people and they shouldn’t miss $30, even TotemLake or Briansnat who’re currently looking for work.

3. 30 people send me $1000.  This post will get at least that many views, but that’s a lot of money.

4. One rich bastard could send me the whole shebang. 

Whatever you decide, that’s OK as long as it adds up to $30K.  I promise to give you a ride when you come to town, unless I’m already doing something. 

Should I have saved this one for Friday?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the Xterra is for GEOCACHING

That's funny how fast this can get pushed down. This is the first time I ever saw this thread.

As for the $30 - the check's in the mail.. but don't hold your breath - it's post dated for 2008. <_<

...and wow! That's some accident you found yourself into there Criminal! I'm glad you came out of it in good shape!

Edited by TotemLake