Night Caching

kingsmen26

It's certainly accounted for some of my more interesting urban cache adventures. Deep hidden pits, invisible cables, automatic sprinklers, big bugs and creepy critters, ghosts and/or aliens etc. I only use a little light if any while caching and save the mighty BFL to fry the retinas of any weirdo hanging out near my car.

No, I am not saying that all caches should be done at night. What I am saying is that I have an idea for a single cache that would make that cache more fun if done in the dark. Ultimately, what I may be looking for is a single (not single as in unmarried - single as in I don't want to tell all for fear of spoiling the cache for all) person that may want to help create and set up this cache.

Are you saying if I cache in BC this weekend, I have to do it in the dark?? I am on my way to Victoria and will once again be hitting some caches...

Bzz

What he is saying that if you have a 9-5 job, at 5 its dark. So if you want to nab a few caches outside of weekends and work-hours, its dark. Though we are getting now about 2 minutes a day more day-light.

Spring is in the air!

As for being in the dark in Victoria, thats a whole new political discussion! :lol:

What he is saying that if you have a 9-5 job, at 5 its dark. So if you want to nab a few caches outside of weekends and work-hours, its dark.

What he said!

Even on weekends, unless you are one of those "morning people" who rise at the crack of dawn to go caching, the days are so short that you generally run out of daylight before you run out of caches.

Gorak

Geo 37

Caching at night with snow is pretty cool too as you hardly need a flashlight because of the reflecting snow. The only time you need a light is when you actually get to the spot to look in various hiding spots. When there's a full moon you don't really need any light either.

This topic is not what i had envisioned. I guess i didn't word it correctly. What I was asking was, who around here liked looking for caches in the dark RATHER than looking for them in the day. I was looking for someone with enthusiasm for night caching to help make a new cache that would be best done after dark. I think I'll just persue this on my own.