Geocaching Anonymous

GEO*Trailblazer 1

It's WENSDAY Night.

This has been a fun filled hot week of geocaching,you know you are addicted when it is 90 degrees outside 75% Humidity,sweat pouring off your brow and all you can think of is I got to get to 199 so I can make our Event here this weekend # 200.

OMG 101

I am there,MY STATS

and it's Wensday night, I can get it off my chest now and relax????????

Till the WEEKEND!!!!!!!!

Hi - Timasaurus here - it's actually been a few days since I last Geocached, but it's only because I'm waiting for my new Meridian Platinum to arrive. I guess I've got it kind of bad - I'm hiding my geocaching from the muggle I'm married to. I pretend to go to the store or for a long walk with my son and it's a good thing that so many caches are at parks, so I don't have to lie about taking my son to the park. How I'm going to explain a completely different GPSr attached to my windshield, with the new DirectRoute software, I'm not sure. "It's so we don't get lost when we go on vacation....", yeah, that sounds good! Okay, so I need help. Maybe i could join Southern California Geocachers and they could help! :-)

Well I do not know what it means and will not try.

I had a backslide................................

I just had to drive the 214 miles to cach up with the Clay Jar Alaska Cache when it came that close....is that close?

Close enough.

Well at least I can admit my cache addiction and have stated my short comoings???????????

Well we will see ya next week.

Until then

Happy................................................................Geotrails

Well as usual late as normal.

must be the weather,it was cool and could not pass up the chance to go cacheing.

Oh well......................I am not a good sponsor just the stater of this topic.

If it were up to meeeeee I would go everyday...hmm or do I do a little every day,anyway.

Hooked on cacheing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, works for me.

Untill all the caches are sucked and found up by the last poster I will be out there as well so, slurp on that one.

(or was the seeked out)

pun intended :unsure:

Happy.................................addictive............................................ GEOTrails

It's Wensaday again already,it seems like it has only been a week since the last one.

We have started an Official Geocachers Annoymous at 8:00 PM here:

ARK GEOCACHERS ASSOCIATION

at the SPCHAT join us for the fun and adventure.

And be shure and share your addiction with us, we are all with you.

SEE YA THERE AT 8:00 PM

HAPPY.................................................................GEOTRAILS

Well I showed up at the chat late as usual for me...... But I did have a good excuse. I had to close at the store last night. :tired: And there are NO caches between here and there so I couldn't even stop off for a night one on the way home. BUT I did get to go outside with my flashlight and see my fish. ;) The chat is a nice bunch of people and I think even some are from my area!! That is cooool.

Happy Caching you all :tired:

Karen aka okpondlady/N5PNE

Good evening fellow geocachers I have to admit the 2500 mile cache, benchmark run this last weekend has gone way overboard.

I am not addicted to the History bencmark finds and the Fun of the Hunt of the cache.

But will let you judge if this is the proper etiquite for me.

I know it is.But others disagree with my formulae.

Well I look forward to your replies and we will see you next week.

Happy........................................................Geotrails

Well gang it's Wensday again.

Got a FTF and one that had been on my list for a couple of months.yes months!!!

But it was at that merge point of the big circle of just to far for 1 so I finally just did it to get out and get my thoughts together a little.

I will not go into the details but we have all had them and need a little R&R.

It is just the thing to get out and go Geocaching,and if that is my addiction I am going to forever stay an addict as long as it's around.

Good luck to all in their adventures as we trek through the woods apart or together we are there as one,but two.

Happy.......................................................Geotrails

QUONDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI

I am very new to this, a friend of mine got me hiooked on this with out even taking me out. all he did was tell me about it and this site.

I have bought a used unit on e-bay (still waiting for delivery).

Can't wait to get5 out and try this, the wife says she is willing to give it a go as well. Does this mean that my friend got two of us adddicted?

I have gotten a lot of good tips just from reading these forums. Thanks to all for the advice.

(when all else fails play dead) Motto of the possum club.

QUONDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI

I am very new to this, a friend of mine got me hiooked on this with out even taking me out. all he did was tell me about it and this site.

I have bought a used unit on e-bay (still waiting for delivery).

Can't wait to get5 out and try this, the wife says she is willing to give it a go as well. Does this mean that my friend got two of us adddicted?

I have gotten a lot of good tips just from reading these forums. Thanks to all for the advice.

(when all else fails play dead) Motto of the possum club.

Is there any thing else besides caching that can produce addiction before you have

actually done it? <_<

Is there any thing else besides caching that can produce addiction before you have

actually done it? :D

Now I can say that I have done it. My GPS caqme in the mail today. There is a virtual cache near my house that I knew about from living in the area for a while. So after dinner the wife and i hoped in the 4x4 and headed out.

My GPS got me with in about 4 feet of the coodinates.

Now i am raeding the manuel to figure out how to enter postions for our next outing on Saturday and Sunday. :D

***Intervention***!!

Last night while nursing a nasty chest cold, running a 101 degree fever I was perusing the cache list for my area and noticed a new one just down the road a bit! Hacking and coughing and just a little delerious, I cackled with glee grabbed my truck keys and was off. Leaving a very confused husband with these parting words... "Gotta go! Could be first to find!"

My name is snowfoxrox and I think I may have an addiction.

Problem, why would anyone say I have a problem, like I told the other person I can stop anytime I want, I stopped last time after the last group of finds and I can do it again,. . . see I stopped, and that must be someone else using my loggin :P to find another close one, . . . ok

IT WAS ME, I am a GEO HOLIC :laughing: , my wife keeps telling me so but I am still going to try the 12 step program. And when I am done with this program I move on :P

to another :o cache :P

Well I have put my addiction off long enough it is time to get this meeting going again.

It is Wensday after all.

Make sure and check this post out.

SERENTY GEOCOIN

It was a thought since I started this thread and now it is a reality.

May all your trails be serene.

HAPPY......................................................................................GEOTRAILS

My first Meeting Soooooo..

Hi my name is Scott and I am a Geo-Holic

I have found every Geocache within a 5.26 mile radius of home

the nearest unfound (by me) cache is a virtual pile of rocks Inukshuk 1

@ 10,400 feet above sea level, buried under a few feet of snow

My stats

531 finds in 16 states

94 Trackables Found

16 BenchMarks

106 different Geocoins collected (all were paid for by me)

and 8 hides

and I like emoticons prankster.gif

It is not an addiction - it is a lifestyle. I choose to cache, despite what others think. Think of it as a valid alternative life choice, that should be embraced and supported. If i want to take my spouse caching they should support me in that endeavor. if my spouse wants to go caching I support them. we have a rite to cache undisturbed by others - In fact I do not have a problem. Only non-cachers have the problem. Can we have a parade?