I Just Got A New Gps...

qhtxvckfkfl

better yet make a couple threads out of it and post it right here. You could have chapters 1 through 5 from when you got off your computer to go find it to when you hit the enter button to post your log. Man, find a couple caches and you could write a book series about this! :bad:

:blink: LOL Pnew! :bad:

Seriously Pirate, I would suggest reading your manual thoroughly. Go to the Garmin web site and get any updates for your GPS you need, read the FAQ here at the gc.com website about finding your first cache, get EasyGPS, download some waypoints and hit the road. Good luck on your first find!

The first time you turn it on, it will take a while. When I got my Vista I tried to get a lock by turning it on in my driveway. After 15 minues, nothing. So I drove over to a nearby baseball field and laid the unit down on the pitching rubber. It took about 10 minutes, but I finally got a lock.

Now it just takes a minute or so to get a lock....unless I've travelled a long way since the unit was last turned on. Then it can take as many as 4-5 minutes. Now, I can get even a lock indoors with my Vista on ocassion...if the blinds are open.

Edited by briansnat