Cache Approved In Record Time!!!

cwoper

:) 3 hours if that!!! Tennessee Geocacher just flat out kicked it on this one!!! Thats right fellow Cachers,Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Cache is out there and ready to hunt(GCHGGA).He must be a Beatles fan!!!I just hid it this mornning,WOW!!! John and George must have had something to do with it.Thanks Guys...CWOPER
:bad: 3 hours if that!!! Tennessee Geocacher just flat out kicked it on this one!!! Thats right fellow Cachers,Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Cache is out there and ready to hunt(GCHGGA).He must be a Beatles fan!!!I just hid it this mornning,WOW!!! John and George must have had something to do with it.Thanks Guys...CWOPER

TG does a great job.

My first cache was approved in about 15 minutes. I went to the place a few times, came back and posted it. Poof ! erik88l-r approved it and at first I wondered if someone could have been there already to check the cache and validate it :bad:

But erik88l-r probably lives the other side of the world, it was very nice to see that all the time I had spent searching and setting a cache in the most beautiful place I could find had been considered with value and trust.

Well, I'm just an happy Geocacher :blink:

You want to talk about impressive....Saturday I placed 10 caches spread over about forty miles of my territory. We have some new hunters in the area and I wanted to give them a better taste of what caching can be like than the one lame cache I had placed in that area. I started writing cache pages at 11PM and finished around 2AM. When i finished I went back to make sure they looked OK and found that they had all already been approved, including the one I had just finished. It was approved 4 minutes after I submitted it. I have got to hand it to TENNESSEE GEOCACHER. This guy (or girl, I have my theories) is really on the ball. They hung with me until I got all of my caches submitted. I can't speak for any of the other approvers, but TG is awesome. Where else can you find a VOLUNTEER staying up half the night just to make sure the job gets done. It is hard enough to get paid employees to do a good job. I think we should applaud these approvers who work so hard on behalf of the game we all love. If I ever meet TG I am going to buy him a drink, or give her a kiss, depending on the circumstance. Way to go TG, my hat is off to you.

Where else can you find a VOLUNTEER staying up half the night just to make sure the job gets done.

Ha, fooled you. We go to bed just like you do. We do have pagers that wake us up whenever a new cache is posted. I set mine on vibrate so it doesn't disturb SWMBO then quietly get up and head out to check on the cache.......

Tennessee Geocacher has a larger staff than most cache reviewers, so that probably accounts for the exceptional speed. She tries to station them all over Tennessee so that she doesn't personally have to inspect each cache.

erik - geocaching.com admin

Edited by erik88l-r

Wonders never seize...... My last one was just approved tonight after 4 days. It is not my fault I erased my waypoints before submission or that I put it to cloose to another cache. What is this world coming to as if I am the one at fault...........lol :blink::bad:

Thanks Cache-Tech

Edited by Cachengrab

I would have to agree with Monkeybrad, TNGeocacher is awesome! On all of my caches I can say that the average turn around time is probably less than 10 minutes. I have even had a few that would be in the 1-4 minute range. This guy/gal is on top of what they are doing. And on another note, if you need to send them an email or have a question they have the same turn around time. I have told him/her before and will do so again, THANKS TNGEOCACHER, YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!!! :bad:

Happy cachin'!

Edited by The Cache Couple

You all are just so sweet, kind and thoughtful its threads like this that makes myself and family happy to be involved in the sport.

I am fortunate enough to work in an office to look at the site several times a day for new caches to come up and after we put the little ones to bed will stay up till they are all done, except on weekend where we are out caching just like you do, then its only late at night.

The new “note to reviewer” on the post a cache page has been a great help and making reviewing new caches a lot faster because the cache owner can explain anything that they believe the reviewer may ask about location, all coordinates and anything else. It cuts down on all the emails going back and fourth. The more information you give the reviewer in you area the faster the cache will be approved.

I have met a number of cacher’s and proud to call them friends now . I do however wish to keep my identity secret, as its real hard to tell a friend that there new cache sucks, and so special favoritism will not be applied to them.

ALL the VOLUNTEERS do a fantastic job of reviewing caches and trying to make the forums a better place.

There are times when we reviewers will have a bad day, just like you do sometimes , we are only human. Again its threads like this that make me exultant about being a reviewer

TG

Tennessee Geocacher // Reviewer // Geocacher // Moderator

I have had caches approved in minutes . . . before I've even had the chance to finish editing the cache page! :D Amazing!

And, one or two times it's taken a couple days. Whatever . . . big deal.

The last cache I placed it took GPSFUN almost five whole hours to approve! I sent him an e-mail asking what took so freakin' long! :P

I realize that the approvers are all volunteers and they have lives outside of Geocaching. Heck! Even they may want to go Geocaching once in a while!

I'm sure there is a lot more involved in approving a cache than just clicking an "approve" button.

All in all I think they do an AWESOME job. :lol:

GEOCACHING ADMINS ARE THE BOMB!!!

Happy caching and stuff! :D

Edited by Geo Ho