Sign in to follow this  
Followers 419
AmishHacker

Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

1 hour ago, SamLowrey said:

^ maybe a chance some doggie will re-locate it?

Bones are eaten by many wild animals.  So that may be an issue, depending on the location.

5 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

That's very cute, when pears are on the tree!  What happens when the tree is not at a "fruitful" stage?  I suppose blossoms could hide the ripened pear.  Does the tree ever lose all its leaves (wintertime)?  The fruit may become a bit more obvious at that time!!

Could replace with a fake partridge?:P

• Funny 1

On 6/26/2017 at 1:39 PM, kunarion said:

What about as Swag? If I had 500 extra centrifuge tubes, I might fill them partway with glow powder, seal that up, seal the cap shut, and print clear labels with various mysterious or cool sounding "contents" (wrap all the way around, since labels otherwise won't stick well). Also have labels with a picture of an owl or rubber duck, etc. You know, cover the bases. :anicute:

Something along these lines (but not using glass, of course):

07a08e30-5eea-420a-9039-65fdf12016f2.jpg

I would love those as swag!

On 11/18/2016 at 10:45 AM, susanbimini said:

Eye Opener (GC6TRA5), or as I like to think of it, "My little ball of fun". This guy has 11 prescription bottles epoxied into a ball with a green iguana guardian. Ten of the prescription bottles have reptile eyes painted on their lids and one bottle has a bird's eye painted on its' lid. The bird's eye bottle contains the log and the reptile eye bottles contain some fun little surprises!

DSCN9245%20640x480_zpsn2qyfaw3.jpg

DSCN9273%20640x480_zpsuopgxqhk.jpg

DSCN9290%20640x480_zpsev6bsfpn.jpg

DSCN9278%20640x480_zpsk2qldag6.jpg

DSCN9264%20640x480_zpsdrbpzose.jpg

I love it! What a fun idea. 

Do you find the prescription bottles keep everything reliably dry? I’m just starting out so getting some ideas of what to use.

Came back with "this content isn't available". Not sure if it's been deleted or if it's because I'm in Australia and it's a regional specific video?

Just a quick question.Being new at this do people ever bury a container in the ground?

26 minutes ago, deltonad said:

Just a quick question.Being new at this do people ever bury a container in the ground?

I've seen "below grade" containers, but they've always been placed in existing holes.

See the guidelines:

Do not bury

Do not bury geocaches, either partially or completely. You must not create a hole in the ground to place or find a geocache.

The only exception is if a property owner gives explicit permission to create a hole to place the cache, which you must provide to the reviewer and state on the cache page. A cache cannot require the finder to dig to reach the cache. See the Regional Geocaching Policies Wiki for details in your region.

Not the most complex or fancy of my caches, but sometimes simpler is cool. Built this one out of a log and some stuff laying around the house. The spike on the bottom is an old door stop sawed off so I can stake the log in the ground like a chopped down tree. I used a little brass key ring that is made to be embossed to make a door to keep the bugs out of the cache space. 

Might be the most devious of the caches I’ve built so far. 

F68673B7-D08F-4E27-97CA-CCA06A968CEA.jpeg

1CFF23FC-F43C-4943-B5A5-485C5C31DB54.jpeg

38D2A089-451E-4AB6-A0E1-3660E4822F0E.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

So I took a long time to design, contemplate my life choices and then used all the tools at my disposal to relax and review my creation.

(Lavender, shopping with girlfriend, long walks on the beach, quiet music, journaling, working on the house/geomobile, pets and animals, Minecraft(R), headache pills and chaser...)

I do hope you like it, please forgive any irregularities or not.

Sincerely, Corey aka MrCOgeo

PS This was after a few more "newbie" geocaches that are obviously very well thought out... If I am being too cynical or facetious please feel free to ignore and go find a geocache. ;-) LOL

Can you find the hidden Mickey and geocoin? Hmmmm?

IMG_20200930_121004268.jpg

Edited by MrCOgeo
---Adding construction and consequence picture