Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

shadow02.jpg

i dunno if that'll show up...but that is NOT, i repeat NOT a remote control that my cat is holding...that is in fact...my favorite geocache, i made it about a year ago, i have yet to hide it. ((i don't think i will hide it until i can duplicate it!!))

anyway, you know on remotes how the battery compartment opens up? well thats how this cache works, it's very small and only contains a miny logbook. i managed to pull out some of the remote control guts to make the entire controller hollow.

;)

Edited by TheBandGeeks
Is there any safe golf ball to drill in to? Or are they all meant to kill us? It is weird that golf ball would explode. Why would it explode. Is it just to keep people like us from having fun? ;)

Golf balls explode? Oooopsss I wish I had known that as a kid when I used to open them up the hundred to unwind the rubber bands... (Hey it was a small town okay? Got a problem with that????? ;) )

When we were younger, we would throw golfballs into a friends fireplace to see what they would do. After the outer plastic cover melts off the ball would literally go nuts and bounce all around as the rubber bands melted off, Quite interesting to watch, just remeber to close the glass doors!! LOL

Kar of TS!!

Is there any safe golf ball to drill in to? Or are they all meant to kill us? It is weird that golf ball would explode. Why would it explode. Is it just to keep people like us from having fun? <_<

Here is a site that explains the inside of golfballs

Most of the new cheap ones are good, just avoid any of he fancy Titanium and such. The cheap ones have solid rubber cores. Just use a good drill and be carefull, the balls do seaze up and can end up flying. I know this because I used to make back scratchers from golf tees and balls, made hundreds of them.

Throwing the balls in the fires used to be fun, burning rubber band sparks everywhere, bad thing is it is hard to find the rubber bad ones anymore, they are all solid or titanium crap.

One of our favorites is a local 'geo-tag' cache. It looks like a rock and has a film canister with a log and pencil inside. It's a moving cache - when you find it, you take it, log that you have it and then post the new coordinates when you've hidden it again. The trick is to be the first one there once it's hidden again!

We've found/hidden it many times over, but we still end up looking and looking when we hunt for it - it blends right into it's surroundings. You can view the cache and pics of the rock here.

G'Day

Here's some details on a recent event cache that had a few manufactured containers. The final waypoint has become a standalone cache, hence it's not pictured, but it's very similar to a couple of the ideas in this thread anyway.

For those who never follow links :tongue: , here's one of the containers:

bullrush-in%20situ.jpg

I like camo containers, partly because of the sheer cool factor, but also because it allows a larger container to be used in a muggle-rich environment.

Micros have their place, but I try to limit them to waypoints of multis rather than final caches.

Just want to bounce this off some people...I have fashioned camo for a cache that looks like a curled up (non-poisonous) snake. I am somewhat hesitant to place this. What do others think?

Do you mind your cache being shot full of holes or bashed with a large rock? :blink:

Just want to bounce this off some people...I have fashioned camo for a cache that looks like a curled up (non-poisonous) snake. I am somewhat hesitant to place this. What do others think?

I know of one of those not too far from here. I haven't visited yet, but those who have found it have thought it was great.

Considering some of the ones we've placed (fake dog poo, a micro hidden in a sheep's skull), that's not unreasonable... :blink:

I saw a hide-a-key container like that once. Now I know who out-bid me!

We think our cache the AE2 is pretty cool as it is a remote control submarine. You first have to find the remote control, which operates the cache. The cache is hidden below the surface and the remote control allows the user to raise the sub to the surface. Once you have done with the swaps and stuff you then use the controller to submerge the sub back below the water.

a329ee25-dd34-4de1-960a-28695fad735f.jpg

There is a cache in this picture. Can you find it?

Yes.

There are a bunch like this in Nashville - several of us have copied the original one that popped up here about a year ago.

Edited by sduck
There is a cache in this picture. Can you find it?

Forgive my ignorance. So where IS the cache?????

Unless I'm mistaken, which I often am, it's a magnetic sheet cache - remove the sheet, and there's a log stickered onto the back. At least that's how they're done around here. This is also a cool way to do multis...

We think our cache the AE2 is pretty cool as it is a remote control submarine. You first have to find the remote control, which operates the cache. The cache is hidden below the surface and the remote control allows the user to raise the sub to the surface. Once you have done with the swaps and stuff you then use the controller to submerge the sub back below the water.

a329ee25-dd34-4de1-960a-28695fad735f.jpg

YES!!!!! Thats Awsome.....I have thought of something with a remote.....a remote fart box that you have to follow the sound of the flatulence.