Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

This one was in Iceland, next to an awesome waterfall (Dettifoss) where a scene from the movie "Prometheus" (from 2012) was filmed.  The CO made the statue from cement, the head cracked vertically at the ears and hollowed to hold a lock-n-lock.  Amazing craftmanship.

View Image     View Image

• Helpful 1

Here is my every three or four (or five or six) year post of .... the "Amish Hacker" is BACK!  HAHAH  but actually I was looking for this thread and thought it was pinned at one point.  I am looking through here for ideas as I am getting ready to launch a whole mess of interesting and fun caches.  There is WAY TOO MANY LPCs in my area.  Time for Amish to get back to work.

16 hours ago, AmishHacker said:

EVIL!

A lot like 'electrical box' hides, isn't it?

Once you 'normalize' Rattlesnake Hides, then the next time some moron comes across one, he'll poke at it.

Electrical Boxes / Sprinkler Heads / Light Fixtures / LPCs with Exposed Wiring / Non-GC-Labeled Birdhouses / Phony Birdnest Eggs

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, TeamRabbitRun said:

Once you 'normalize' Rattlesnake Hides, then the next time some moron comes across one, he'll poke at it.

When I was geocaching in Arizona, there were "critter" caches, each hidden using a rubber critter for camo. I'd found a few of them already, so when I was out on a trail looking for another one of them, when I saw the snake hiding next to a rock, I knew I'd found it! But I carefully poked it with a stick by reaching around the rock "just to be sure" and, sure enough, it was a real rattler. That was an eye opener in more ways than one!

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Surprised 2
  • Helpful 1
On 7/14/2022 at 5:33 AM, TeamRabbitRun said:

A lot like 'electrical box' hides, isn't it?

Electrical Boxes / Sprinkler Heads / Light Fixtures / LPCs with Exposed Wiring / Non-GC-Labeled Birdhouses / Phony Birdnest Eggs

Found a cache with a rubber snake on it once, watched it for quite a bit before realizing it was rubber.  I did find a real rattler on top of one of my caches, moved the snake then moved the cache.

1 hour ago, barefootjeff said:

This is a new cache in the making, soon (hopefully) to become part of the multi The Headless Horseman's Head (GCA0ARF).

I hope that isn't a long-series bit in the drill Jeff! You need a vice.... :)

I still have a scar on my leg from the creation of GC9D932....