Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

This one has been up for awhile so I guess it's okay to post a pic or two.

0d5533c6-57da-4849-858e-c037814f9ccb.jpg

Can you spot the cache. Of Course you can. I have received more than a couple emails telling me my cache has been taken away by the "authorities" and a few have sent me a pic to prove it! I love this game.

3da9dd25-2475-42f5-86d3-05ffaba30c8d.jpg

I usually respond to those emails asking if they know where I could look up the specific "code violation - GC2QRBA" it refers to.

I really badly want to copy this!!!

Can you spot the cache. Of Course you can. I have received more than a couple emails telling me my cache has been taken away by the "authorities" and a few have sent me a pic to prove it! I love this game.

I usually respond to those emails asking if they know where I could look up the specific "code violation - GC2QRBA" it refers to.

I have copied the idea (GC3H79Z) and it caches some seasoned cacher’s out. It’s a 1.5/1.5 but they do fall into the trap

I have copied the idea (GC3H79Z) and it caches some seasoned cacher’s out. It’s a 1.5/1.5 but they do fall into the trap

Caches them out? Intentional or unintentional pun? :laughing:

I'd need to work out where I could get some magnetic sign stuff, do you buy and print yourself or get like an ebay seller who sells them with whatever you want printed?

Would also work as a stage of a short multi... hmm!

Edited by littlegemsy

I'd need to work out where I could get some magnetic sign stuff, do you buy and print yourself or get like an ebay seller who sells them with whatever you want printed?

I looked at getting magnetic sheet but it was too expensive.

I printed the sign on a sheet of paper then laminated it.

I then taped it to a post and hid the small magnetic micro cache on a sign next to it

I looked at getting magnetic sheet but it was too expensive.

I printed the sign on a sheet of paper then laminated it.

I then taped it to a post and hid the small magnetic micro cache on a sign next to it

Or you could buy this stuff. Weatherproof laser printer full-sheet label paper.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/Products/OL713LP.htm?measureunit=decimals

1080243_10153110948150065_920028035_n.jpg?oh=a7eb47fc1bb5c30f46923365b50ce840&oe=5209E548&__gda__=1376426485_a299b23c0bccf19d2722090094340797

Took a coffee cup, put a pipe into the bottom of it with a screw on cap where a separate container hides holding the log. The other side of the pipe is open inside the coffee cup. I filled the cup with cocking and part of the pipe also contains the cocking. I glued the cover to the container, and then glued a separate cover onto that cover. I then found a natural hole near a tree. I put a rock over the hole, covered it with dirt, and then hid the coffee cup sticking out of the hole. Just a piece of litter to the untrained eye. Wasn't meant to be difficult to find, just wanted to try my hand building something.

We found this one the other day, thought it was really cool, took us a while to figure out the roof on the smaller part pulls up and the cache is underneath, it keeps giving me an error message whenever I try to post the pic, so I'll just send the link itself so you can click on it and see what it looks like

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/taymampfi/IMG_4998.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/GeocachingOnTheLakeshore

I'm trying out some ideas with "hide-a-key" fake sprinkler heads. There are more ways to use these than just pressing them into dirt as "sprinklers".

On top of a sign post, attached to a magnet (also try it on a fence post):

344triq.jpg

Among unused plumbing:

2m7j961.jpg

In a planter (not buried, among the plants in a planter I own):

2vbv3b6.jpg

As a "fire sprinkler":

2nqadd1.jpg

Another placement on a plumbing fixture:

or5imq.jpg

Edited by kunarion

44539_600.jpg

Not the best pic, but it looks like the best one showing the container of this cache.

It wont let me see the pic

That post is 9 years old. The computer that stored the image probably no longer exist.

Edit to add: If you to the cache's page and click on Gallery link, there a few photos of the cache.

Edited by Don_J

In our area we've almost run out of interesting places to hide caches, so I am trying to make interesting containers.

Pics of the finished cache, ready to place.

fin1s.jpg

The door on the front cannot be opened until you solve the puzzle.

fin2s.jpg

The first three tiles are fixed in place.

fin3s.jpg

Instructions in the cache box.

fin5s.jpg

fin6s.jpg

The last three tiles have strong magnets in them to unlock the latch. (thus the need to alphabetize the tiles.)

A large Lock-N-Lock will live there.

fin7s.jpg

This is brilliant. Wish I had your kind of creativity. Where is this cache? I want to visit this cache... maybe see if some of my family can do it.

In our area we've almost run out of interesting places to hide caches, so I am trying to make interesting containers.

Pics of the finished cache, ready to place.

fin1s.jpg

The door on the front cannot be opened until you solve the puzzle.

fin2s.jpg

The first three tiles are fixed in place.

fin3s.jpg

Instructions in the cache box.

fin5s.jpg

fin6s.jpg

The last three tiles have strong magnets in them to unlock the latch. (thus the need to alphabetize the tiles.)

A large Lock-N-Lock will live there.

fin7s.jpg

This is brilliant. Wish I had your kind of creativity. Where is this cache? I want to visit this cache... maybe see if some of my family can do it.

The cache is called MS Kitty's Kiddy Puzzler GC471A7 and is located near Chatham Ontario, Canada.

Have had some cute logs where the kids are able to solve it easier than the adults, and it's been very well received. I'm interested to see how it fares through out Canadian winter.

It's still functioning after 29 finds (got 22 favs so far)

Edited by BC & MsKitty

I haven't posted it yet as it's still a work in progress, but I'm working on making a health and mana potion themed geocache. Here's some pictures, you'll see the red one has a log in it, the blue one is kind of foamed up, but is still a work in progress. For anyone who's played any rpg games, I feel they'll have a lot of fun searching for these. It might end up being a multi-cache, not sure yet.

cfph.jpg oivy.jpg 7pyx.jpg rn8v.jpg

I haven't posted it yet as it's still a work in progress, but I'm working on making a health and mana potion themed geocache. Here's some pictures, you'll see the red one has a log in it, the blue one is kind of foamed up, but is still a work in progress. For anyone who's played any rpg games, I feel they'll have a lot of fun searching for these. It might end up being a multi-cache, not sure yet.

Are those glass?

Are those glass?

Indeed they are. I used oil scents for the liquid too, so when people open it up it'll smell like clean linen or fruit.

Are those glass?

Indeed they are. I used oil scents for the liquid too, so when people open it up it'll smell like clean linen or fruit.

I sure hope those containers will survive freezing temps. (And us sometimes-clumsy cachers)

Are those glass?

I sure hope those containers will survive freezing temps. (And us sometimes-clumsy cachers)

I agree. Cute idea but glass is way to fragile to serve as a container. Is there any way you could use something similar made from plastic?

Where I'm planning to hide it, it won't be an issue. Also, the glass is pretty thick. You could likely drop it on the ground and it wouldn't crack. It won't just be lying on the ground somewhere or where a raccoon or some other animal could get to it. I could test the freezing temps thing in my freezer, it's an oil so I don't think it'll freeze meaning it shouldn't expand/contract depending on temperature. I moded it also so the inside where the liquid is, is completely closed off so it won't spill/leak/etc. There's a plastic tube that is inside it that keeps the log dry and it's using a wine cork to keep the inside dry.

I should refine what I typed above. Oil can freeze, it just doesn't freeze at the same temperature as water would, so it should be a lot better in the cold. These are kind of just concept caches though, I could switch them up with candle wax if it does have issues when I do the freezer test run.

Edited by iproxii

The pic is actually the second attempt. The first attempt used the magnetic printer sheets that can be purchased anywhere you buy printer paper. It wasn't able to hold up to the elements. this second attempt used and old magnetic ad made for a vehicle. It is much thicker and I just cut it to size after using 3M Super 77 spray adhesive to affix the standard printer paper i used to print the "warning". The printer paper was sprayed multiple times with a spray waterproofer after I "dirtied" the paper with a little dirt and a light spritz of water from a water bottle to give it an aged look. The log sheet is glued to the back with 3M as well. It has held up for a couple of years now but the corners have begun breaking off due to brittleness. While it needs to be replaced, the breakage actually adds to the overall look of a warning sticker that would be typically found. Also notice the the "code violation" the "sticker" refers to is the actual GC code. Whenever I get an email letting me know my cache has been removed, I always respond with a thank you email and ask the cacher if they ever knew a code violation "GC2QRBA" existed in our area. You would be surprised at the responses I get.

Hm, how long has that been there? I look at those maps pretty closely, and if I wasn't a geocacher, I'd find it odd and pick it up.

half a year, you can not move the nano

If it's fixed, doesn't that violate the guidelines? I mean...seems like it could be considered altering or defacing property.