Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

geocaching1_zpsf6ec256a.jpg

Can you spot it?

Up on the wall to the right, next to the stairs. A fake wall socket that I put up with magnets.

Sort of this kind of wall socket. But i drilled a hole into it to get some space for the cache container.

8873337192478.jpg

That stupid cache gave us headaches! We searched for more than an hour for it, the clue got us, too! We just weren't thinking in the dimension we needed to in order to find it. Well done, Norde, well done!

Here is the biggest cache that I ever put out. . .

473e0be5-f3a4-4330-b20d-41844f961a39.jpg

The cache is called "RIP Good Buddy"

And no, its not the girl! Its what she is sitting on!

looks like an awesome cache! just looked it up and its only 20 miles away from me, definately going to get this one next weekend! :D

Wait, give me a hint...where's the cache? :)

The cache is the vehicle. The girl is simply swag. Remember, trade even or trade up!

I would love to learn the history of that rock wall. It's not often you find one of those a mile back in the woods. Is it an old property boundary?

To be honsest, that pciture is not from GZ. However, the area where the cache is located is littered with stone fences and old building foundations (like the one near this cache - see the photos) and cobbled roads. The area that encompasses the Big River WMA used to be farming area/towns. The state was goign to flood it for a reservoir, bu t the plan was nixed. But since the state had already bought the land, they turned into a WMA.

I would love to learn the history of that rock wall. It's not often you find one of those a mile back in the woods. Is it an old property boundary?

Finding a baby that far into the woods is even less common. On the other hand, she/he appears to be a geocacher (notice that she/he is signing the log book), so perhaps it's not that unusual.

There was a series placed a couple of years ago (all placed by the same person) called "The Bigger the Better" that started with a nano at the trail head and ended with a "double-50" ammo can about a mile or so into the woods (mostly along a set of trails). It was placed in honor of a local geocacher for her 1000th find. There was a group of a dozen or so cachers that accompanied the honoree for the series and we all stepped back 150' or so and let her get the FTF on the final for her 1000th find. The second to last stage (a 30 call ammo can) was in a really pretty spot with a natural rock wall that I never would have discovered if not for that cache. Unfortunately, shortly after it was placed there was some logging in the area that

pretty much ruined the series.

Edited by NYPaddleCacher

Finding a baby that far into the woods is even less common. On the other hand, she/he appears to be a geocacher (notice that she/he is signing the log book), so perhaps it's not that unusual.

It's a she - a local cacher's daughter. And she was the unofficial FTF!

In our area we've almost run out of interesting places to hide caches, so I am trying to make interesting containers.

A small series of making the camo. I'll add images as it progresses

The cache will be an easy puzzle for children.

puz1sm.jpg

There will be a large lock & lock inside

puz2sm.jpg

Doesn't look like much.

puz3sm.jpg

The first three tiles will be fixed permanently. The idea is to sort the other 9 tiles by rhyming, and sorting alphabetically.

The cache box can only be opened if all the tiles are "rhymed and sorted" correctly.

puz4sm.jpg

Game pieces made from 2" ceramic tiles.

More to follow.....

How does the mechanism work?

It's MAGIC!! :rolleyes:

There are three pins that drop down into the shaft of the latch. All the tiles have magnets in them but only the last vertical three on the right end have magnets strong enough to pull the pins up letting the shaft turn to open the box.

puz4sm.jpg

Way kewl!

I take it the bottom row is out of sequence?

OOPS! Should be Dog, Frog, Hog, Log.

I'll hafta take another pic.

Edited by BC & MsKitty

I like specials like this one a lot, however I'm very surprised you're not axed by the crowd on this forum.

Maybe there is no holy guideline that forbids this, however I find it may inspire kids (or even adults) to go pulling other (real) sockets wherever they think there is a geocache.

For that reason I never use electrical stuff for custom containers.

I've even found one where you had to put your hand blindly into an old electrical distribution cabinet.

Apparently this passes every review without a problem.

But if you dare dig a small hole on the contrary, to put a small pipe into the ground... say no more...

Can you spot it?

Up on the wall to the right, next to the stairs. A fake wall socket that I put up with magnets.

Sort of this kind of wall socket. But i drilled a hole into it to get some space for the cache container.

8873337192478.jpg

Ive got a series in Oxfordshire, England that is getting positive reviews.

Most of the containers are unusual and/or cool and each has a theme. I didn't take photos before I laid them but when people take photos Ill show them here. This is chip he is the bomb disposal expert of the pack so his cache is a puzzle box. Very tricky to open. The logbook is inside.

Dogfort v Catgfort - Chip

c8079a7d-2865-4715-b91f-50e8d7c55d83.jpg

Of the same puzzle box was in two different places, it's either fr sale somewhere or the plans are on the Internet somewhere. Does anyone have any more info about that puzzle? It sounds like something I need! :D

I just found this same box for sale on ebay. They are selling them out of China.

Vuurvos, here in Sweden almost all electrical wiring is outside the walls, there are no wires leading in or out to this cache, and it is pretty obvious once you realize it's a cache. I do understand what you're saying, though, especially coming from the US, but it is a little different with how things are done here with wiring and plumbing....

I like specials like this one a lot, however I'm very surprised you're not axed by the crowd on this forum.

Maybe there is no holy guideline that forbids this, however I find it may inspire kids (or even adults) to go pulling other (real) sockets wherever they think there is a geocache.

For that reason I never use electrical stuff for custom containers.

I've even found one where you had to put your hand blindly into an old electrical distribution cabinet.

Apparently this passes every review without a problem.

But if you dare dig a small hole on the contrary, to put a small pipe into the ground... say no more...

Can you spot it?

8873337192478.jpg

Bump in the forums means that someone "bumps" the thread back up to the top of the list.

Everytime someone posts a comment, or a new picture, the thread goes back to the top so that it becomes apparent to those coming into the forums.

A simple bump comment does the same thing... bumping to the top of the list

Thanks!! still figuring outsome of the lingo, I guess :laughing:

Now... Back to the killer caches!!

In our area we've almost run out of interesting places to hide caches, so I am trying to make interesting containers.

Pics of the finished cache, ready to place.

fin1s.jpg

The door on the front cannot be opened until you solve the puzzle.

fin2s.jpg

The first three tiles are fixed in place.

fin3s.jpg

Instructions in the cache box.

fin5s.jpg

fin6s.jpg

The last three tiles have strong magnets in them to unlock the latch. (thus the need to alphabetize the tiles.)

A large Lock-N-Lock will live there.

fin7s.jpg

Edited by BC & MsKitty

1008329001.jpg

1008331001.jpg

One question .... did that fry before it came out of the machine, or after! :o

The board was fried. I found it walking some nature trails near my home. Can you spot the actual container on the board?

That black capacitor in the middle looks about the same size as a nano but the top of the greenish/grey one in the corner looks more like the top of a nano.

Can you spot the actual container on the board?

I think it's the largest black "capacitor?" in the middle. It's the only piece of the board that looks like it's been handled (dirt cleaned off both sides from fingers)

BC

It is the nano located top/middle in the 2nd picture, although you can tell its a nano better in the first picture, not as easy to explain where it is in that picture.

I use construction adhesive which comes in a caulking tube. Works AWESOME!

8527575536_d49f78bdc4.jpg

8527575214_090b2635a5.jpg

1 burlap sack and about $10 worth of construction adhesive! :laughing:

8527575696_c61ff54965.jpg

A bit larger than life-sized!

8526461857_abab95cc36.jpg

No o-ring to worry about! Someone on here donated about 50 of these tubes to me.

8527575920_84b359d343.jpg

Bison tube up bum! I am still looking for a location for this one. I have threaded it with bungee cord (stretches 2x it's length) and am thinking of hanging it on a branch...out of reach!

8527574904_0959cb1f3c.jpg

No special camo on the outside, but thought some may be interested in the inside. This cache is part of a series of 15 plus a bonus.