Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

I think the reference to 420 should make the cache illegal.

Why? Because you associate it with some activity? It offends you? If that's the case, I think your username should be "illegal" because eight people were killed by a bomb in Istanbul on August 20th. Some people might be offended by that...

A number is a number and nothing more.

A new cache that I hide today.

b25583.jpg

wouldn't this be illegal? the ground was broken when the supporting stake was inserted into the ground to support the sigh.

Actually, the guidelines were updated:

Geocaches are never buried, neither partially nor completely.

If one has to dig or create a hole in the ground when placing or finding a geocache, it is not allowed.

Why? Because you associate it with some activity? It offends you? If that's the case, I think your username should be "illegal" because eight people were killed by a bomb in Istanbul on August 20th. Some people might be offended by that...

Exactly. The rather blatant "420" marijuana users reference is part of that cacher's geo-nickname. Outlaw it, and you prevent them from properly labeling their caches. Don't let a number bother you.

Exactly. The rather blatant "420" marijuana users reference is part of that cacher's geo-nickname. Outlaw it, and you prevent them from properly labeling their caches. Don't let a number bother you.

But is advertising the usage of illegal drugs family friendly?

wouldn't this be illegal? the ground was broken when the supporting stake was inserted into the ground to support the sigh.

If one has to dig or create a hole in the ground when placing or finding a geocache, it is not allowed.

You need to take the 2nd sentence with the first. They do not stand alone. The 2nd sentence is there to clarify the definition of "buried". Driving a stake into the earth is still not "burying" something by any reasonable person's definition.

This discussion has nothing to do with Cool Cache Containers. I politely suggest you drop it, or take it elsewhere.

The number "420" does not, in and of itself, advertise illegal drugs. It certainly doesn't mean that to me.

You need to take the 2nd sentence with the first. They do not stand alone. The 2nd sentence is there to clarify the definition of "buried". Driving a stake into the earth is still not "burying" something by any reasonable person's definition.

I agree with you. The "no breaking ground" statement has been removed in the update. This may mean something like a stake would be acceptable.

I had no idea that 420 had anything to do with marijuana usage until this post.

This discussion has nothing to do with Cool Cache Containers. I politely suggest you drop it, or take it elsewhere.

It is discussing the clever artwork on a cache which was posted here.

I would say that makes it as on topic as debating the rules of burying caches.

This "420" discussion is about a cacher's name, not a cache. The CCC Discussion thread was set up (and bumped earlier today by myself) for just this purpose. It helps to keep this thread clean of long sections of dialog like this one.

This "420" discussion is about a cacher's name, not a cache. The CCC Discussion thread was set up (and bumped earlier today by myself) for just this purpose. It helps to keep this thread clean of long sections of dialog like this one.

The "420" discussion that I partook of started because of some pretty kewl artwork, (including the cache owner's name), painted on a cache. Said artwork was rightly displayed here, in the CCC thread, and discussed as such. Perfectly relevant and on topic. Continuing to argue the point does little to keep this thread clean of long sections of dialog like this one.

8121215520_fb71745487.jpg

8121200129_f25da87e9e.jpg

Styrofoam apple, varnished on the outside. For the log, match container inserted and painted green. This can be really nasty when hidden in a large patch of ivy. Muggles walk by and think it's just a discarded apple.

I've had two caches like that over the years. The first was hidden in a pine tree, and named Pineapple, and the other had a little green "worm" attached to a bison tube that was poked into a hole drilled in the apple. Sorry... no pictures of either.

8121215520_fb71745487.jpg

8121200129_f25da87e9e.jpg

Styrofoam apple, varnished on the outside. For the log, match container inserted and painted green. This can be really nasty when hidden in a large patch of ivy. Muggles walk by and think it's just a discarded apple.

I found one like that a couple of years ago but it was a green apple and it wasn't hidden in a patch of ivy. It was in a tree at the edge of an apple orchard.

The first was hidden in a pine tree, and named Pineapple

This made me laugh, might have to stea...er...borrow the idea. (if you don't mind) :)

Be my guest. One friend that found it told me later that he woke up that night, and only then realized the pun and had a good laugh over it. I have a friend that borrowed the idea and put out a cache called Pine Nuts. And I had one that was a bison tube placed in a little rubber pig... hid that one in a pine tree and called it Porkypine. I can't help myself.

I've been planning almost exactly the same cache as the owl/tree one but I was thinking of using nylon fishing line not rope which isn't as easy to spot by muggled at a glance. Also, tying it off on a low branch rather than screwing hardware into the tree.

Fishing line will eventually break. If you decide to use it, use a very heavy duty one.

Be my guest. One friend that found it told me later that he woke up that night, and only then realized the pun and had a good laugh over it. I have a friend that borrowed the idea and put out a cache called Pine Nuts. And I had one that was a bison tube placed in a little rubber pig... hid that one in a pine tree and called it Porkypine. I can't help myself.

Looks like someone needs to go to punaholics anonymous... :)

I'm sure this next one has been in this thread already, but I couldn't find it. It did seem a bit delicate to be leaving out in the wild, but we found it soon after it was hidden. I believe you can buy them on some internet auction site:

0fc03796-e957-46ae-8b09-b1c8883595ef.jpg

Yep. I've so far found 4 that use it within 20 miles of my house. It's fun the first time you see it but after 2 I couldn't be bothered with it - it's possible to open it by using a very narrow blade.

Where can you get one of these caches?

I'm sure this next one has been in this thread already, but I couldn't find it. It did seem a bit delicate to be leaving out in the wild, but we found it soon after it was hidden. I believe you can buy them on some internet auction site:

0fc03796-e957-46ae-8b09-b1c8883595ef.jpg

Yep. I've so far found 4 that use it within 20 miles of my house. It's fun the first time you see it but after 2 I couldn't be bothered with it - it's possible to open it by using a very narrow blade.

Where can you get one of these caches?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002YDQBY/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B008A0MY24&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0KTXJW7CP880FAYNZNXF