Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

This has got to be one of my favs but there are definitely a lot of good ones out there! Its a container made from the vertebra of some animal!

FB3_2.jpg

If you would like to see the geocaching video where i discovered this container then please see the video below. Be sure to check out the rest of my GEOcaching videos!!!!

GEOvloger

That is not your cache? You probably shouldn't be spoiling other people's surprises.

As promised:

Poo Cache - The kdis LOVED this! It withstood a day of kids grabbing it so its pretty sturdy.

179932_10151047745018290_1754525819_n.jpg

We owned one of those dog poop caches where we lived. Someone said it went missing and we couldn't find it so we archived the cache. Fast forward a year and a half we went back to the spot to hide a new cache and found the dog poop! We published our new cache at the spot and hid the dog poop elsewhere. For some reason now somebody stole the dog poop part from the new geocache and left the container. Now why on earth would someone want fake dog poop. I will never know... :blink:

Edited by Troutonthebrain

As promised:

Poo Cache - The kdis LOVED this! It withstood a day of kids grabbing it so its pretty sturdy.

We owned one of those dog poop caches where we lived. Someone said it went missing and we couldn't find it so we archived the cache. Fast forward a year and a half we went back to the spot to hide a new cache and found the dog poop! We published our new cache at the spot and hid the dog poop elsewhere. For some reason now somebody stole the dog poop part from the new geocache and left the container. Now why on earth would someone want fake dog poop. I will never know... :blink:

Do the Dew II, right? I remember the original. I found it in my first few months of geocaching, and it really inspired me to do caches that go beyond simply hiding a container in a stump.

I have also found a spider on my recent travels. He's called Boris and he likes to hang around in trees:

1e33e9ac-dfb4-4206-8ebd-b773fca4442f.jpg?rnd=0.7007105

Nearby was his friend Lola created by the same crafty cache owner. It just goes to show that proper camouflage is not always necessary:

083b24b7-f2cd-487a-a1a7-ef0d8c673806.jpg

I'm sure this next one has been in this thread already, but I couldn't find it. It did seem a bit delicate to be leaving out in the wild, but we found it soon after it was hidden. I believe you can buy them on some internet auction site:

0fc03796-e957-46ae-8b09-b1c8883595ef.jpg

I'm sure this next one has been in this thread already, but I couldn't find it. It did seem a bit delicate to be leaving out in the wild, but we found it soon after it was hidden. I believe you can buy them on some internet auction site:

Yep. I've so far found 4 that use it within 20 miles of my house. It's fun the first time you see it but after 2 I couldn't be bothered with it - it's possible to open it by using a very narrow blade.

Edited by duncanhoyle

As promised:

Do the Dew II, right? I remember the original. I found it in my first few months of geocaching, and it really inspired me to do caches that go beyond simply hiding a container in a stump.

No, sorry. I think I have heard about that cache though. You out geo-age us by awhile (you started in 2005 according to the profile and we started near the end of 2008 and we started hiding in 2009). Our first dog poop cache was GC1XAYG DIPO Dirty and the second was GC35N6Y Somebody Ate Something They Shouldn't Have!

I had one like that recently get muggled. I hid it well in a camouflaged canvas bag as well with a card explaining it is a Geocache.

They took the cube puzzle and chucked the bag and the card, which I managed to retrieve so I can use it again. set it up at a nice lookout nearby and asked cachers to bring a chair, and sit and enjoy the view between pulling their hair out trying to open it.

Now it seems there are cheat ways to open it, i may have to modify the new one when it arrives.

I also have an unusually coloured cache. Called the Pink Cat ( unfortunately no photo ), its a soft toy pink cat that has a pocket in it, and a zipper on the tail which hides a film container with the cache. I sprayed it with scotch guard and its hidden under a bridge. funnily enough, being bright pink doesn't seem to make it any easier to find. It gets a number of DNFs every month.

This isn't exactly a cool container but it's got some cool additions to it that i wanted to share. This is a themed cache I just submitted for review. The container is an ordinary lock-and-lock:

RSFYX.jpg

...but the contents are all in a musical theme and include a variety of toy musical instruments:

8Jfoy.jpg

The interesting feature is what's attached to the logbook. I found one of those ''where'd I park my car'' keychain digital recorders at a garage sale and made it part of the cache:

hXknf.jpg

Teyub.jpg

I also included a goofy horn as a FTF prize:

DvEvO.jpg

Edited by Benchmarkone

Well, these aren't necessarily cool, and lots of folks don't like micros, but I believe there are places they are appropriate, and if so, these containers I'm gonna show you how to make are lots better than a film canister, and cheap because you are recycling bottles you would normally throw away. The idea for making these came from a friend and local caching buddy. They've been in service for several years and stay quite dry inside.

Here are a couple of pics to show their sizes. The smaller ones were made using the large pop bottles.

The "M" on some means I've glued a rare earth magnet in it.

Size comparison with a film canister.

009.jpg

010.jpg

actual dimensions

011.jpg

Complete with logs.

012.jpg

If you're interested, Here's a link to a small tutorial on how they are put together.

Edited by BC & MsKitty

I got the idea for this one from an earlier post in this forum. I call it "Micro in the Woods"

IMG_1124.JPG

I don't have any problem in the least with those caches, but thought you might appreciate this releated story.

You'll notice that I have my official geocache sticker on the outside of the cache, as recommended in the article. And living in Alaska, we tend to use a little more common sense than assuming everything is a bomb... :laughing: :laughing:

Just submitted Auburn Sea for review. It will be located in New Hampshire, near Lake Massabesic. Spoiler video of final container and how to open this puzzle box:

Update: Cache was published and has since had a FTF. Congratulations to Solid Rock Seekers on solving the puzzle AND finding the cache by 4:20 AM (cache published about 11:00 PM the night before).

Here's a nano I recently put out as a LPC.

By ohiosioux at 2012-08-16

It looks like all you did was glue some of the parts togther to "disable" the trap. I would have snipped the "tails" of the springs (the parts that touch the wood base) to truly render the cache harmless.

Heat will take the spring out of a spring also.

Edited by The Ravens